Associate Professor of Computer Science
Office: Hodson Science & Technology Center, Room 254
Office Hours: Monday and Wednesday: 1-3 p.m.
- Ph.D., North Dakota State University
- M.S., Computer Science Minnesota State University
- CS 287 Computer Science II
- CS 504 Algorithms and Programming II
- CSIT 430/530 Applied Database Concepts
- IT 581 Practicum in Web Development
Research and Teaching Interests
- Object-oriented programming
- Database management
- Image/video processing
- Video segmentation, annotation, and access
- Data mining
- B. Wang, I. Rahal and A. Dong. "Parallel Hierarchical Clustering on Market Basket Data Using Weighted Confidence Affinity," International Journal of Data Mining, Modeling and Management (IJDMMM), 2009(under review).
- A. Dong and B. Wang. "Feature Selection and Analysis on Mammogram Classification," Proceedings of 2009 IEEE Pacific Rim Conference on Communications, Computers and Signal Processing, Victoria, B.C., Canada, August 23-26, 2009.
- A. Dong and H. Li, "Ontology-driven Annotation and Access of Educational Video Data in E-learning," in E-Learning (ISBN 978-953-7619-23-7), IN-TECH Education and Publishing: Austria, 2009.
- A. Dong, "Feature Selection and Comparison in Medical Image Analysis," Proceedings of 2009 International Conference on Image Processing, Computer Vision, and Pattern Recognition (IPCV09), Las Vegas, Nevada, July 13-16, 2009.