Assistant Professor of Accounting & Management
Office: Rosenstock Hall, Room 110
- Doctor of Management, Case Western Reserve University
- M.B.A. (Marketing), Loyola University Maryland
- Masters of Finance (economics), Loyola University Maryland
- B.S. Business Administration (accounting, finance) and Economics, Towson University
- MGMT 205 Principles of Management (undergraduate)
- MGMT 301 Organizational Theory and Behavior (undergraduate)
- ECON 551 Foundations of Economics (graduate)
- MGMT 553 Foundations of Accounting (graduate)
- MGMT 561 Financial Management (graduate)
- MGMT 562 Financial/Managerial Accounting (graduate)
- MGMT 576 Advanced Financial Management (graduate)
- MGMT 581 Financial Statement Analysis (graduate)
With a banking career that spanned over three decades, Dr. Weaver experienced a variety of senior management positions in accounting, finance, and treasury. In addition, he served as an adjunct faculty member for over 12 years at three colleges (including Hood College) teaching accounting, economics, and finance classes at the graduate and undergraduate level.
Research and Teaching Interests
Building upon his dissertation “The Global Financial Crisis: Bankers Shaken, but Some Awaken“, Dr. Weaver explores the impact of organizational and career identity on employee engagement and the influential role of leadership in this relationship. Further, he has interest in numerous behavior aspects within the workplace. Leveraging his extensive professional experience, he enjoys teaching numerous courses within the accounting, economics, and finance disciplines.
Publications & Presentations
- Weaver, G., Lingham, T., & Perilli, S. (2010). "From Esteem to Stigma: The Effect of the Financial Crisis on Banker Engagement". Proceedings of the ASBBS 18th Annual Conference, Las Vegas, February, 2011.
- "Has Political Correctness in America Influenced Decision-Making in America?"
- "Lieutenant’s Syndrome: A Treatise on Organizational Candidness"
- "The Need for Teaching “Cause and Effect” in Business School"