Elizabeth E. MacDougall
Associate Professor of Psychology, Program Director of the Thanatology and Gerontology Graduate Programs
Office: Rosenstock Hall, Room 26
Office hours: By appointment
- Post-doctoral fellowship: Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions
- Ph.D., Fairleigh Dickinson University
- M.A., Loyola University Maryland
- B.S., Geneva College
- PSY 204: Psychology of Death
- PYSO 221: Social Gerontology
- PSY 373: Psychology of Aging
- PSY 434, 534: Tests and Measurements
- COUN/PSY 534
- GERO 554
- THAN 510
Professor Elizabeth MacDougall is a clinical psychologist who specializes in geriatric neuropsychological assessment. She is licensed to practice in Maryland. Prior to Hood, Professor MacDougall worked for the Central Intelligence Agency as a staff psychologist, and as a consultant to nursing homes, assisted-living facilities, and retirement communities in Maryland. In addition, she served as a faculty member in Loyola University Maryland’s undergraduate and graduate psychology programs. Professor MacDougall was appointed to be program director of the psychology and counseling department’s Counseling, Thanatology, and Gerontology graduate programs. She also serves as the coordinator of the undergraduate gerontology minor, and she is faculty advisor to Hood’s Intervarsity Christian Fellowship student group on campus.
Areas of expertise
Psychological assessment (especially geriatric assessment), the differential diagnosis of dementia syndromes, psychometrics, the psychology of aging, the psychology of death.
- MacDougall, E.E., & Mansbach, W.E. (in press). The Judgment test of the Neuropsychological Assessment Battery (NAB): Psychometric considerations in an assisted-living sample. The Clinical Neuropsychologist.
- Mansbach, W.E. & MacDougall, E.E. (2012). Short Form of the Brief Cognitive
Assessment Tool (BCAT-SF). Aging and Mental Health, 16(8), 1065-1071.
Mansbach, W.E., MacDougall, E.E., & Rosenzweig, A. (2012). The Brief Cognitive
Assessment Tool (BCAT): a new test emphasizing contextual memory, executive functions, attentional capacity, and the prediction of instrumental activities of daily living. Journal of Clinical and Experimental Neuropsychology, 34(2), 183-194.
- MacDougall, E.E., Mansbach, W.E., Clark, K., & Mace, R. (2015). The Brief Cognitive Assessment Tool (BCAT): Cross-validation in a community-dwelling older adult sample. International Psychogeriatrics, 27(2), 243-250. doi: 10.1017/S1041610214001458
- Koster, D.P., Higginson, C.I., MacDougall, E.E., Wheelock, V.L., & Sigvardt, K.A. (2015). Subjective cognitive complaints in Parkinson’s disease without dementia: A preliminary study. Applied Neuropsychology, 22(4), 287-92. doi:10.1080/23279095.2014.925902
- Mansbach, W.E., MacDougall, E.E., Clark, K., & Mace, R. (2014). Preliminary investigation of the Kitchen Picture Test (KPT): A new screening test of practical judgment for older adults. Aging, Neuropsychology, and Cognition, 21(6), 674-692. doi: 10.1080/13825585.2013.865698
- MacDougall, E.E., & Mansbach, W.E. (2013). The Judgment test of the Neuropsychological Assessment Battery (NAB): Psychometric considerations in an assisted-living sample. The Clinical Neuropsychologist, 27(5), 827-839. doi: 10.1080/13854046.2013.786759
Honors and awards
Hood College, Summer Research Institute Grant (2012, 2014, 2015)