Assistant Professor of Social Work
Office: Alumnae Hall, Room 318
Office hours: As noted on syllabus or by appointment.
- Ph.D., Case Western Reserve University
- M.S.W., University of Houston
- B.A., Fisk University
- SOWK 201 Intro to Social Work & the Human Sciences
- SOWK 214 Child Welfare Policies & Services
- SOWK 302 Forensic Social Work
- SOWK 445 Field Practicum/Seminar
- SOWK 446 Field Practicum/Seminar
Malikah Marrus, LMSW, assistant professor of social work, teaches courses in social work practice, human behavior, field education, forensic social work as well as an introduction to the profession. She has presented on girls and race in the juvenile justice system and on collaborative work between social workers and attorneys. Professor Marrus is currently working on case studies to use in forensic and child welfare courses. She is also developing a training manual for social workers that work with attorneys on juvenile cases.