What is Chalk & Wire?
Chalk & Wire is a web based program assessment and electronic portfolio management and system that allows students to demonstrate knowledge and competencies and use this information to improve programs.
Program Assessment System
- Chalk & Wire provides a platform for faculty to assess individual student performance on course assignments and at the same time demonstrate competencies for program review.
- It is a system that allows faculty to evaluate student learning outcomes specific to the academic program.
- It is designed for program assessment in which faculty collectively assesses student work that is common across a program over time using the same set of criteria (or rubric). Results can be gleaned and aggregated each semester to evaluate program-level learning outcomes or disaggregated by important demographic variables.
- Chalk & Wire is a powerful data management system that allows the program to conduct assessment of students’ competencies which are linked to state and national standards and assessment instruments.
E-Portfolio Management System
- Chalk & Wire showcases students’ work throughout their academic year in a portable web-based format that can be taken with them after graduation.
- At the end of the program, students will have a complete portfolio of critical assignments that document (or demonstrate) their skills and professional growth.
- Students are given unlimited web-based storage and can create and design separate portfolios to target a particular type of position or career path and for other purposes.
Chalk & Wire is supported by the following browsers:
- Chrome (PC & Mac)
- Safari (PC & Mac)
- Firefox 4+ (PC & Mac)
- Internet Explorer 9+