Hood College and the Student will agree to the following upon receiving your iPad:
1. Equipment Subject to Agreement: The Equipment subject to this agreement (possession of which will be turned over to the Student for the Student’s
exclusive use) includes an iPad (16GB + WiFi), together with the associated cable and charging adapter.
iPad serial number: _______________________________________________________________________________
2. Ownership: The Student shall have legal title to the iPad upon receipt of the iPad. The Student agrees that he or she will not sell, contract to sell, lease,
encumber, lien, or otherwise dispose of the iPad as long as the Student is attending Hood College unless the Student replaces the iPad with an equal or
3. Term of iPad Use: If the Student ceases to be a matriculating student at Hood College prior to paying for one (1) semester as a student taking 6.5 credit
hours or more, or during this time fails to pay all tuition, fees, room and board, and any other charges to Hood College, the Student shall within ten (10)
days of the termination of his / her status as a student return the iPad in clean, good, working order, at which time this agreement will terminate.
4. iPad Storage and Use: The Student shall retain the iPad at all times, including during Hood College breaks and holidays. When the Student does not have
the iPad in her/his possession, then she/he will properly secure the iPad to prevent damage and theft.
5. Use of Equipment: The primary use of the iPad by the Student is to support the Student’s educational program at Hood College. The Student may use the
iPad for other purposes to the extent that such uses do not interfere with this primary use.
6. Compliance with Software Licenses: The Student shall not make copies of software licensed to Hood College. The Student may install personally licensed
software to the Student on the iPad to the extent that such personally licensed software does not interfere with the operation of any software installed by
Hood College or with the primary uses of the iPad. The Student is responsible for compliance with the license terms of any personally licensed software, and
the Student agrees to hold Hood College harmless for any violations of such license terms.
7. Backup Requirement: The Student may store documents or other files on the iPad, and the Student is responsible for making backup copies of such
documents or other files. In the event of loss of such documents or other files, the Student is responsible for reloading any Hood College standard software
on the iPad that has been installed on the device.
8. Care of iPad: The Student will be expected to use the iPad for Hood College projects and is therefore encouraged to keep the iPad in good operating
condition, allowing for reasonable wear and tear. The Student is solely responsible for any repairs to, or replacement of, the iPad if it is broken, damaged, lost,
9. iPad Warranty and Insurance: The Student should be aware that this iPad is not insured for theft or damage under any Hood College insurance policy. The
Student is therefore encouraged to purchase such insurance for damage or verify that such coverage exists through an existing Homeowner’s policy, Renter’s
10. Warranty: The School makes no warranty, expressed or implied, as to the iPad subject to this Agreement. The Student assumes the responsibility for the
condition of the iPad.
11. Entire Agreement and Modification: This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties. No modification or amendment of this
Agreement shall be effective unless specified otherwise in writing.
12. Governing Law: This Agreement shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Maryland.
13. Severability: If any portion of this Agreement shall be held to be invalid or unenforceable for any reasons, the remaining provisions shall continue to be
valid and enforceable. If a court finds that any provision of this Agreement is invalid or unenforceable, but that by limiting such provisions it would become
valid and enforceable, then such provision shall be deemed to be written, construed, and enforced as so limited.
14. Waiver: The failure of either party to enforce any provision of this Agreement shall not be construed as a waiver or limitation of that party’s right to
subsequently enforce and compel strict compliance with every provision of this Agreement.
By the execution of the written Agreement, the Student agrees to the terms and conditions outlined in this Agreement. In addition, the Student acknowledges
to have received and taken into her/his possession the iPad described in Section 1 hereof.
After this Agreement is signed, Hood College will send a full and complete copy of this Agreement to the Student. If for any reason the Student does not
receive this document, the Student should contact the Information Technology Department and a hard copy of the Agreement will be furnished to the