Your Hood Email Account
Now that you have joined the Hood community, we want to make sure you have your Hood email address—your
connection to Hood. One of the many special aspects of Hood is our latest cutting-edge technology.
Your email account is “in the cloud,” and includes a significant amount of personal storage space and access to many
different computer applications. As soon as you set up your email, be sure to check it out—this is how we will share
information with you.
You can also share your email address with your friends; this will be your Hood address for life.
Please follow the instructions below to change your password and personalize your Hood account. Instructions to change
your password were also included with your deposit letter. If you have already changed your password from the one provided
to you by Hood, you do not need to change it a second time.
Hood Email Access Instructions
1. Open a web browser and navigate to the Hood College website, www.hood.edu.
2. On the top menu, select “Current Students.”
3. Under the column entitled “ApLinks,” select “Office 365.” This will take you to the Outlook Live
Sign-in page. You can also access this site by navigating to portal.office.com.
4. For your Windows Live ID, enter your Hood email address and initial password (listed at top of page), unless you
have already created a new password by following the steps below.
5. You may be asked a series of questions upon your first login. After you have answered these questions, you will
be taken to your inbox.
6. All future email correspondence from Hood College will be found in your Hood in the Cloud inbox.
Hood account password instructions
- Open a web browser and navigate to the Hood College website, www.hood.edu.
- On the top menu, select “Current Students.”
- Under the column entitled “ApLinks,” select “Change Password.” This will take you to the password change and
recovery secure website. You can also access at this site by navigating to https://password.hood.edu.
- On the left side menu, click “Change Password.”
- Enter the following information:
- Domain = PERGOLA
- User name = Listed at top of page
- Initial password = Listed at top of page
- In the next two fields, enter your new password:
- Your password must be a minimum of 8 characters.
- Choose a combination of letters, numbers and symbols to create a unique password that is unrelated to your personal
information. Or, select a random word or phrase and insert letters and numbers into the beginning, middle and end
to make it more difficult to guess.
- When all fields are filled, click the “Change Password” button directly beneath the fields.
- You should next see a “Success” screen; click “Continue.”
- Select “Enroll Now” to complete the challenge questions. This will allow you to access your account, if you ever forget
your password or to reset a forgotten password. Submit answers to at least three challenge questions. The answers to
these questions will serve as your password if you forget it.
- If you receive an error, please re-enter your information and try again to make sure you did not mistype on the first try.
If you continue to have a problem, please click “Cancel” to exit the change password screen. To receive help, please
contact the information technology department at 301-696-3622 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.