Hood alumni automatically become members of the association and are entitled to participate in various activities and enjoy special benefits. You will be invited to alumni events with mini-seminars on topics of current interest, career seminars and other special interests. Even if you live far away and cannot often attend events or use the campus resources, there are many ways you can stay active in the life of the College.
All Hood alumni receive a free subscription to the Hood Magazine. The magazine's Class News section provides the latest information about your classmates. Feature stories and profiles keep you informed about faculty members, administrators, students and other alumni.
The College hosts Reunion Weekend each year. While all alumni are invited to attend each year, classes are honored every five years. Social activities, class dinners, athletic events, information forums and other programs are scheduled.
Career Contacts and Assistance
The Catherine Filene Shouse Career Center is an invaluable resource to all alumni seeking career advice.
- Repairing or ordering a new Hood College ring through the Bookstore.
- Blazer Links e-newsletter
- Order Maryland state license plates imprinted with the Hood College name via the Office of Alumni Relations and Special Events
- Rent Coffman Chapel for your wedding through the Conference Services Office by calling 301-696-3711
- Receive a discount on a pass to the Hood swimming pool by contacting the Aquatics Office at 301-696-3487
- Attend campus lectures, exhibits and concerts
- Take music lessons at a 10 percent discount by contacting the Music Department at 301-696-3473
- Use the Hodson Library and Information Technology Center and get a library user's card at no charge http://www.libertymutual.com/hood-college?MM_webID=0000019373&src=aff_4cb_m_0122239_hood-college
- Liberty Mutual has partnered with the Office of Alumni Relations to offer you exclusive savings on quality auto and home insurance. You could enjoy valuable and unique benefits, including Better Car Replacement™, Accident Forgiveness, Home Protector Plus™, and our Multi-Policy Discount.* Call toll free 1-800-981-2372 or visit Liberty Mutual to learn more or get a free quote. For a local Frederick, Md. agent, please call Justin Saltzman at 301-620-1061, ext. 54357.
*Discounts and savings are available where state laws and regulations allow, and may vary by state. To the extent permitted by law, applicants are individually underwritten; not all applicants may qualify.
For more information, contact the Office of Alumni Relations and Special Events by calling 301-696-3900 or 800-707-5280; by faxing: 301-696-3718; or via email at email@example.com