Report immediately any spillage of a hazardous chemical to the department of campus safety at x3111.
Move away from the accident scene and help others away. Do not walk into or touch any spilled substance. Try not to inhale gases, fumes, and smoke. When reporting, be specific about the nature of t the involved material and exact location. Campus Safety will contact Fire/EMS rescue services.
- The administrator or key person on site should vacate the affected area at once, and seal it off if possible to prevent further contamination of other areas until the arrival of Fire/EMS rescue services or law enforcement.
- Anyone who may be contaminated by the spill is to avoid contact with others as much as possible, remain in the in the vicinity and give names to Campus Safety.
- If a building emergency exists, activate the building alarm, call Campus Safety (x3111), or use an emergency blue phone.
- At the sound of an activated building alarm, walk quickly to the nearest exit and alert others to do the same.
- Assist the handicapped in exiting the building to the nearest stairwell to await assist from the fire department. Do not use elevators and do not panic.
- Once outside, move to a clear area at least 500 feet way, or as far as possible from the affected building and follow instructions of law enforcement or Fire/EMS rescue services. Keep streets, fire lanes, fire hydrants and walkways clear for emergency vehicles and crews.
- Do not return to an evacuated building under any circumstances until officially told to do so by Emergency Management personnel.