- Representative and voice for the student body;
- Convenes and presides over all SGA meetings;
- Supports all committees;
- Prepares meeting agendas; and
- Meets regularly with the dean of students and president of the College.
- Enforces Roberts Rules of Order during meetings;
- Supervises incoming first-year students’ class elections;
- Supervises all campus elections at the end of the spring semester; and
- Oversees changes to the SGA constitution.
- Takes minutes during every senate and executive committee meeting;
- Oversees traditional campus events; and
- Publicizes SGA events and activities through social networking sites, fliers, and other publicity avenues.
- Reviews, amends and approves or denies student organization budget requests.
Campus Services Chair
- Deals with issues that arise with Campus Safety, Registrar, Information Technology Department, Bookstore, Post Office, Counseling Center, Health Center, Career Center and Dean of the Chapel.
Campus Facilities Chair
- Schedules and leads meetings with the campus facilities and dining services staffs;
- Works regularly with representatives from Aramark, dining services and campus facilities;
- Works toward improving the dining facilities and experience on campus; and
- Advocates and helps make the campus more environmentally sustainable.
House Forum Chair
- Represents five residence halls and reports topics to SGA;
- Oversees two major campus events: Policies for Dollars and Air Band; and
- Oversees other residence hall activities as needed.
- Plans quality, consistent and diverse social programs for the Hood community.
Academic Affair Chair
- Serves as a student representative at all Hood faculty meetings; and
- Acts as a liaison between students and faculty.
Board of Appeals Chair
- Facilitates appeals according to the HCSGA Board of Appeals Judicial Procedures;
- Organizes and facilitates a practice appeal at the beginning of each academic year; and
- Meets regularly with the AJC adviser.
Student Life Chair
- Acts as the liaison between the student life office and the HCSGA body;
- Reports on positive new student enrichment activities;
- Oversees multicultural affairs events;
- Edits and approves club constitutions; and
- Regularly hold the President’s Round Table, a forum for co-programming, communication and leadership.
Commuter Executive Representative
- Organizes events and activities for commuter students; and
- Acts as a liaison between commuter students and student life.
Academic Judicial Council Chair
- Leads a committee of students and faculty members;
- Works to ensure Hood community members understands and follows the Honor Code;
- Works to resolve Honor Code violations that occur in academic settings via mediation, direct sanctioning or a hearing; and
- Following a hearing, delivers AJC decision to the parties involved in the honor code breach.