Hood College is now working with Western Union Business
Solutions to provide international students an alternative method
for paying student bills. This payment option allows you to pay your
student account balance in the currency of your choice and provides
a simple and reliable way of initiating payments electronically.
You have a lot to think about when attending a university abroad,
including entering international markets to make payments for
tuition and other university fees. Some of the complications you
can encounter using payment processes such as international wire
transfers or bank drafts include:
- Payments are in a currency different from your local currency
- International wires are costly due to high banking fees
- Retail exchange rates are high
- Payment details provided by your banking institution to the
university are sometimes incomplete, which can cause
delays in applying the payment to your student account
Advantages of using the student payment portal include:
- You can easily obtain a foreign currency quote by accessing
CASHNet through the Hood College website.
- You can pay your tuition and fees in the currency of your choice
which will then be converted to U.S. Dollars.
- There are no additional transaction charges from Western Union
Business Solutions or Hood College, though you may be charged a
transaction fee by your bank. Please note, cash deposits will not
- The exchange rate is valid for 72 hours* after the transaction is
initiated, taking the uncertainty out of the total payment amount.
- The exchange rate is competitive when compared to most
banks’ retail rates.
- Payments received will include your reference information, which
ensures that your payment reaches your student account quickly.
- Payments will be electronically transmitted to Hood College
ensuring timely posting, typically two to five business days from the
time you initiate the payment.
How to iniitiate a payment
Step 1: Initiate your payment quote online
- Go to the CASHNet Payment Portal
- Enter your student details (student ID, name, email).
- Enter the amount due in U.S. dollars.
- Choose your currency type.**
- A payment amount in your currency of choice will automatically
be generated. This quote is secured for 72 hours*.
- Agree to the payment amount and accept terms and conditions.
- Download payment instructions, including the payment
reference number, as a PDF document. You will need the
reference number to complete your payment in Step 2.
Step 2: Transfer funds to Western Union Business Solutions
- The payment instructions will tell you how to transfer funds
through your personal bank or online.
- If you have your bank send the funds to Western Union
Business Solutions, be sure they include the payment
Step 3: Western Union Business Solutions does the rest!
- Using your payment reference number, Western Union
Business Solutions will transfer your funds to your Hood College
and we will post the payment to your student account.
- This usually takes 2 to 5 business days after your local bank
initiates payment to Western Union Business Solutions