At Hood, students are not simply placed in internships. Instead, it is the student’s responsibility to research options and find a suitable site. As always, if you need advice or assistance in locating an internship stop by the career center or drop us an email.
The Washington Center Internship Experience
The Career Center and Office of Service Learning is pleased to announce a new partnership between Hood College and The Washington Center for Internships and Academic Seminars!
This partnership offers our students a unique study away opportunity in our nation’s capital, at an exceptional value. Students spend a semester living and interning in Washington, D.C., while gaining career experience and making significant networking connections. Check out the website, and contact the career center for the application details.
Why do an internship?
"Internships do a lot more than just look good on your résumé. They are a good way to find out if that job is what you really want to do before investing into a full time job."
- Advice from a recent intern
In 2014-15, students completed internships at a variety of sites throughout the region, including:
- Celebrate Frederick
- Charles Schwab & Co
- Circuit Court of Montgomery County
- Colonial Jewelers
- Community Living, Inc.
- Defense Logistics Agency
- Department of Commerce - NIST
- Department of Economic Development, City of Frederick
- Downtown Frederick Partnership
- El Paso Holocaust Museum
- Federal Reserve Board
- Frederick County Fire & Rescue
- Frederick County Landmarks Foundation
- Frederick County State's Attorney's Office
- Frederick Magazine
- Goodwill Industries of Monocacy Valley
- Gorilla Magazine
- Habitat for Humanity of Frederick County
- Hagerstown Correctional Institution
- Harpers Ferry National Historical Park
- Hildebrand Limparis & Associates
- Historical Society of Frederick County
- Housing Authority of the City of Frederick
- Key Financial Group
- Love and Company
- Marriott International - Product Integrity
- Maryland State Police
- McCain Institute
- Mental Health Association of Frederick County
- Monocacy Brewing Company
- NARAL Pro-Choice Maryland
- National Institutes of Health
- National Museum of Civil War Medicine
- Office of the Public Defender
- Parks and Recreation Department - City of Frederick
- R. Christopher Goodwin & Associates, Inc.
- Rely Local Frederick
- Rolle & DeLorenzo
- Ryan and Wetmore, P.C.
- Scott Key Center
- Sirius XM Radio
- Spherion Staffing
- Thermo Fisher Scientific
- U.S. Silica
- UNESCO Center for Peace
- United States Army Medical Research Insitute of Infectious Disease
- United Way of Frederick County
- USDA-ARS (FDWSRU)
- Volvo - Mack Trucks
- Weinberg Center for the Arts
- World Relief/Faith Alliance Against Slavery and Trafficking