|  FAQs
Bookmark and Share


  1. How can I place a work order? Placing work orders
  1. Do I need to be in my room/office when the technician arrives to repair my ___________?
    No. The facilities office has access to all offices, classrooms and residence hall rooms. Generally, unless there is an emergency, work in residence halls will occur after 10 a.m. on weekdays.
  1. Where is the facilities office located? What hours are you open?
    The Facilities Office is located in the Pastore building on the southwest corner of the campus. It is slightly beyond the Hodson Science Center greenhouse on Evergreen Avenue. The office is staffed Monday-Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
  1. Who should I call about a maintenance problem after 4:30 p.m. on weekdays or on weekends when I know that the facilities office is closed?
    Please call Campus Safety at ext. 0 if you have an emergency maintenance problem after hours, such as an active, steady leak. They will be able to reach the on-call staff.
  1. Who may I speak with to find out if my package has arrived?
    The Facilities Office will call you and either speak with you directly or leave a message about your package. If we haven’t called you and you believe a package should have arrived, please call the Facilities Office at ext. 3452. We will be happy to check for you.
  1. Do all work orders have the same priority?
    No. The Facilities Department prioritizes requests based upon their urgency and seriousness. Those requests which are most urgent receive immediate attention.
  1. What is the difference between a work order and a project?
    A work order is a service request to repair something that currently exists and is not working. Examples include a leaking toilet, a light out, no heat or a damaged carpet. A work order can be submitted as described above.

    A project is a request for new work. It may involve major new construction work or remodeling. It may also include smaller Items, such as installing a new door to gain access to an area. A project must be requested by submitting a project request form.
  1. How can I be sure that a facilities worker is really from Hood and has permission to enter my room or office?
    All facilities workers wear photo ID badges. All approved maintenance contractors wear “Authorized Contractor” badges each day they are on campus. The color of these badges changes every month.

    Facilities Worker Badge:
  2.  facilities worker badge

    Authorized Contractor Badge:

    contractors badge
    If you have a question, please call the Facilities Office at ext. 3452 to verify proper authorization. In an emergency, call Campus Safety at ext. 3111.