Faculty and Staff
Parents and Family
Alumni and Friends
Hood at a Glance
Mission and Vision
Academic Services (CAAR)
Catherine Filene Shouse Center for Career Development and Experiential Education
Center for Coastal and Watershed Studies
Center of Global Studies
Hood Honors Program
Majors, Minors and Graduate Programs
Office of Institutional Research and Assessment
Office of Student Success
Apply to Hood
International Undergraduate Admissions
Meet the Staff
Alumni and Giving
Giving to Hood
Ways to Give
Dean of Students
Hood College Theatre
International Student Services
Religious and Spiritual Life
Apply for Financial Aid
Cost of Attendance
Graduate Financial Aid
Hood Password Change
| Hood's SMOP: Change Password Only
Hood's SMOP: Change Password Only
Step by step instructions
Open a web browser and navigate to the Hood College website, http://www.hood.edu
On the top menu please select either “Current Students” or "Faculty and Staff"
Under “ApLinks” please select “Change Password”. This will take you to the Password Change and Recovery secure website. You can also arrive at this site by navigating to
On the left side menu, please click “Change Password”
Please enter the following information:
• Domain = PERGOLA
• User Name = <your Hood ID (i.e. abc1)>
• Current Password = <your current Hood password>
In the next two fields, enter your new password
• Your password must be a minimum of 8 characters.
• Choose a combination of letters, numbers or symbols to create a unique password that is unrelated to your personal
information. Or, select a random word or phrase and insert letters and numbers into the beginning, middle and end to make it
more difficult to guess
Enter the following information:
• Domain = Hood
• User Name = <your Hood ID (i.e. smith)>
• Current Password = <your current Hood ID>
In the next two fields, enter your new password.
• Your password must be a minimum of 10 characters.
• A combination of letters, capital letters, numbers or symbols to create a unique password unrelated to your personal
• You may not include your Hood ID or personal name.
When all fields are filled, please click the “Change Password” button directly beneath the fields
You should next see a “Success” screen, click "Continue"
If you received an error, please reenter your information and try again to make sure you did not mistype on the first try. If you continue to have a problem, please click “Cancel” to exit the change password screen. To receive help, please contact the IT Help Desk at 301-696-3622 or "firstname.lastname@example.org"
Top of Page