Getting Started With Phonemail
Special Phonemail Information
|• Phonemail Direct Access Number (on campus):
||• Forward/Transfer Number:
|• Phonemail Direct Access Number (off campus):
||• Maximum Number of Messages:
|• Default Password:
||• Guest Access Number:
How To Personalize Your Phonemail
- Dial the direct access number 3444
- When Phonemail answers, follow the prompts to either:
• From your extension - press # (pound)
• From another phone - dial your extension number followed by # (pound)
- At the prompt, dial the default password 111 and press the # (pound) key
- The system will then prompt: "You have logged onto the Phonemail system using a password that is not secure. You are required to change your password now. Dial your new password and press # (pound)."
- After you have changed to a secure password, you will be prompted to press 8, then 4 to record your name. Listen to the prompts that instruct you to press 1 to record. Say your first and last name at the tone and when finished, press* (star), then # (pound).
- To record your personal greeting, press 8 (for answering options) and then 1 (for personal greeting). Listen to the prompts which will tell you how to record the two different greetings that will answer your telephone.
How To Transfer a Caller Directly To A Coworker's Mailbox
• Press transfer (XFER), dial 5444
• Listen to the prompts which will tell you to dial the extension number to the person you wish to leave a message for
• Press # (pound) twice and hang up.
How To Forward Your Phone to Phonemail
- Get a dial tone and dial #91
- Dial 5444 (the Phonemail forward extention)
- Hang up
- NOTE: To cancel forwarding, get a dial tone and dial ##91