View the Schedule of Classes in Self-Service.
Summer I classes begin Monday, May 18. Summer II classes begin Monday, June 29.
Fall classes begin Monday, Aug. 24 at 1:40 p.m.
Step 1: Academic Advising in Adviser's Office
Advising for full-time students: Friday, April 10
Advising for part-time students: Monday, March 30 – Friday, April 10
Only your assigned academic adviser, listed on Self-Service, may authorize you for registration. Registration cards must be completed and signed by your adviser. Keep your approved registration card as a back-up and, if you are registering for any courses that need faculty approval, your registration card will be needed for processing these course registrations in the registrar’s office.
- Prerequisites: You may register only for courses for which you have met the required prerequisites.
- Select alternate courses in case your first choices are full.
Department chair and instructor signatures are needed for independent studies and X-credits. Instructor signatures are also needed for departmental honors and any course which requires the permission of the instructor to enroll. Registration for any of these course types must be done in person in the registrar’s office, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Step 2: Clear Accounts
Resolve any holds placed on your account, such as those noted by accounting, registrar’s office, Library, Health Center or Residence Life/Dean of Students.
Step 3: Registration
The order of registration is determined by current class standing. Once registration is open for your class, it continues to be open until classes begin.
The schedule for Summer 2015 and Fall 2015 registration is as follows:
Class and Registration times
- Juniors and non-graduating Seniors: Monday, April 13, 12:01 a.m.
- Sophomores: Tuesday, April 14, 12:01 a.m.
- Freshmen: Wednesday, April 15, 12:01 a.m.
Once your adviser has authorized that you are clear to register online, you may enter your course selections according to the schedule listed above. For online registration instructions, click on “Help,” “FAQs,” and “Registration Questions.”
Drop/Add period for Fall 2015 classes ends Tuesday, Sept. 8. Note: Online drop/add ends Sunday, Aug. 23. Once classes begin, all drop/adds must be processed in person in the registrar’s office.
Note: Payment for Summer 2015 classes is due prior to first class. Payment for Fall 2015 classes is due Aug. 15. For questions regarding billing, contact the accounting office at 301-696-3607.
Undergraduate Registration for Non-degree Students
Summer 2015 and Fall 2015
- View the Schedules of Classes on Self-Service
- Select "Course Sections," select the appropriate year/term from the "Period" drop-down menu, and select "Main Session" in the "Session" drop-down menu.
- Non-degree students must complete a registration form in the registrar's office at the time of registration.
- Register for Summer and Fall terms in the registrar's office Monday–Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. beginning Monday, April 20.
- Drop/Add period for Fall classes for non-degree students ends Tuesday, Sept. 8.
- Note: Payment for Summer term classes is due before the first class. Payment for Fall classes is due by Aug. 15.