View the Schedule of Classes in Self-Service.
January term classes begin Monday, Jan. 5
Spring classes begin Tuesday, Jan. 20, 2015 at 8 a.m.
STEP 1: Academic Advising in Adviser's Office
Advising for full-time students: Friday, Nov. 7
Advising for part-time students: Monday, Oct. 27 – Friday, Nov. 7
Only your assigned academic adviser, listed on Self-Service, may authorize you for registration. Registration cards must be completed and signed by your adviser. Keep your approved registration card as a back-up and, if you are registering for any courses that need faculty approval, your registration card will be needed for processing these course registrations in the Registrar’s Office.
- Prerequisites: You may register only for courses for which you have met the required prerequisites.
- Select alternate courses in case your first choices are full.
Department chair and instructor signatures are needed for independent studies and X-credits. Instructor signatures are also needed for departmental honors and any course which requires the permission of the instructor to enroll. Registration for any of these course types must be done in person in the Registrar’s Office, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
STEP 2: Clear Accounts
Resolve any holds placed on your account, such as those noted by Accounting, Registrar’s Office, Library, Health Center or Residence Life/Dean of Students.
STEP 3: Registration
The order of registration is determined by current class standing. Once registration is open for your class, it continues to be open until classes begin.
The schedule for Winter 2015 and Spring 2015 registration is as follows:
Class and Registration times
- Seniors: Monday, Nov. 10, 12:01 a.m.
- Juniors: Tuesday, Nov. 11, 12:01 a.m.
- Sophomores: Wednesday, Nov. 12, 12:01 a.m.
- Freshmen:: Thursday, Nov. 13, 12:01 a.m.
Once your adviser has authorized that you are clear to register online, you may enter your course selections according to the schedule listed above. For online registration instructions, click on “Help,” “FAQs,” and “Registration Questions.”
Drop/Add period for Spring 2015 classes ends Tuesday, February 3. NOTE: Online drop/add ends Monday, Jan. 19. Once classes begin, all drop/adds must be processed in person in the Registrar’s Office.
Note: Payment for Winter 2015 classes is due prior to first class. Payment for Spring 2015 classes is due Jan. 15. For questions regarding billing, contact the Accounting Office at 301-696-3607.
Undergraduate Registration for Non-degree Students
Winter 2015 and Spring 2015
- View the Schedules of Classes on Self-Service
- Select "Course Sections," select the appropriate Year/Term from the "Period" drop-down menu, and select "Main Session" in the "Session" drop-down menu.
- Non-degree students must complete a registration form in the Registrar's office at the time of registration.
- Register for Winter and Spring terms in the Registrar's Office Monday–Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. beginning Monday, Nov. 17.
- Drop/Add period for Spring classes for non-degree students ends Tuesday, Feb. 3.
- Note: Payment for Winter term classes is due before the first class. Payment for Spring classes is due by Jan. 15.