Candidates for the Bioinformatics M.S. program must have completed one of the following:
- B.A. or B.S. in a life science or computer science field with a GPA of 2.75 or higher
- Bioinformatics certificate from Hood (or be progressing toward the certificate) with a 3.0 or higher
- M.A. or M.S in a biology-related or computer science-related field with a 3.0 or better.
Students applying to the Bioinformatics M.S. program must submit:
- A completed online application.
- One copy of official transcripts from each institution of higher education attended; submit to the Graduate School.
- A statement of intent of no more than 250 words that describes your background, experience and future goals.
GRE or GMAT exams are not required.
All application materials should be submitted by July 15 for fall admission and Dec. 1 for spring admission. Applications will continue to be reviewed after the deadline on a space-available basis.
International students must meet the requirements outlined on International How to Apply.