Admission to the clinical mental health counseling specialty master’s program
requires a minimum undergraduate GPA. of 3.0. If the GPA is below
3.0, the applicant may submit GRE scores for possible consideration. Undergraduate
coursework in psychology is strongly recommended.
Individuals applying to the clinical mental health
counseling master’s program are required to submit:
- The online application
- Official transcripts from all post-secondary schools attended
- A personal statement describing factors that
influenced the decision to apply to Graduate School and how this program will
facilitate fulfillment of the applicant’s professional goals (by email to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- In the counseling profession, a professional is expected to recognize and appreciate individual differences. Write about an experience (or experiences) you have had working with people different than yourself? What strengths and limitations do you see in your ability to recognize and appreciate individuals who hold beliefs and/or values that differ from your own?
- A résumé or curriculum vitae (by email to email@example.com)
- A minimum of two (three preferred) academic and/or professional
letters of recommendation (by email to firstname.lastname@example.org)
All application materials should be submitted by June 15 for
fall admission and Nov. 15 for spring admission. Applications will continue
to be reviewed after the deadline on a space-available basis.
may be contacted to schedule an interview, with online or video
interviews used for applicants who live more than two hours from campus.