To be considered for admission to the program, applicants must:
- Complete the online application at www.hood.edu/graduate
- Submit an official transcript for a master’s degree. (Applicants must have completed a master’s degree with a minimum 3.25 GPA and taken at least one course in statistics.)
- Submit a résumé that demonstrates a minimum of 8-10 years of progressive professional work experience.
- Submit two letters of recommendation: One from your employer that speaks to your professional work experience and leadership skills, the second from an individual who can attest to your leadership skills.
- Submit a 400- to 500-word personal essay that describes what attracts you to this doctorate program.
- Submit a 500- to 750-word essay in response to one of the following prompts:
- What is the role of leadership in an organization as it focuses on challenges and issues of the twenty-first century?
- Leadership is often defined as the “art of influence.” What lessons have you learned from a leader you admire?
- Compare and contrast your leadership style with that of a leader you admire and respect.
- Describe how sustainable leadership (economic, social and environmental) fits with your personal paradigm of leadership.
- Provide one of the following admission elements:
- Standardized test scores (SLLA, GRE, GMAT or MAT)
- Evidence of master’s level culminating research experience (capstone project, thesis, field work or action research project)
Request information here.