Admission to the school counseling specialty master’s program requires
a minimum undergraduate GPA. of 3.0. If the GPA. is below 3.0, the applicant
may submit GRE scores for possible consideration. Undergraduate coursework in
psychology is strongly recommended.
Individuals applying to the school counseling master's program
are required to submit:
- The online application
- Official transcripts from all post-secondary schools attended
- A personal statement describing factors that
influenced the decision to apply to Graduate School and how this program will
facilitate fulfillment of the applicant’s professional goals
- In the counseling profession, a professional is expected to recognize and appreciate individual differences. Write about an experience (or experiences) you have had working with people different than yourself? What strengths and limitations do you see in your ability to recognize and appreciate individuals who hold beliefs and/or values that differ from your own?
- A résumé or curriculum vitae
- A minimum of two academic and/or professional
letters of recommendation (three are preferred)
All application materials should be submitted by June 15 for
fall admission and Nov. 15 for spring admission. Applications will continue
to be reviewed after the deadline on a space-available basis.
may be contacted to schedule an interview, with online/video
interviews used for applicants who live more than two hours from campus.