Hood is proud to be a member of the Common Application association. The regular $35 application fee is waived for all online applications.
- Early Decision—November 15; notification of decision sent December 1. Early decision is binding. You may apply to only one college as an early decision applicant. Additionally, if offered admission, you are required to submit a nonrefundable enrollment deposit on or before December 15.
- Early Action I—December 1; notification of decision sent December 20; Deposit due May 1
- Early Action II—January 15; notification of decision sent February 1; Deposit due May 1
- Regular Decision —February 15; notification of decision sent March 1; Deposit due May 1
After the Regular Decision deadline
- Admission decisions will be made on a rolling basis, and notification of the admission decision is normally mailed within two weeks of receipt of the completed application file.
- Documents required to complete an application are as follows:
- Official High School Transcript
- Official SAT or ACT Scores. Test scores are not required if applying Test Optional.
- 1 Letter of recommendation from a teacher
- 1 Letter of recommendation from your college or guidance counselor
- Please contact the Office of Admission at firstname.lastname@example.org or 301-696-3400 with any questions about the required documents.
- Early Decision is a binding admission option. If accepted to Hood, the applicant is agreeing to withdraw all applications to other colleges or universities and submit a non-refundable enrollment deposit to Hood no later than December 15.
- For all other admission options (Early Action & Regular Action), a decision on matriculation must be made no later than May 1. If the applicant accepts the offer of admission, an enrollment deposit should be submitted to hold the student's place in the first-year class.
- Accepted students who desire to reside on campus are required to submit an additional housing deposit to reserve a residence hall space on campus.
Ways to Apply
Be sure to print a copy of the finished application once it is submitted to keep on record.
Submit a Paper Application:
Download Printed Version
Please don't hesitate to contact the Office of Admission with any questions. They can be reached at 800-922-1599 or 301-696-3400, or email email@example.com.