Thanks for your interest in applying to Hood College! Hood is proud to be a member of the Common Application association. The regular $35 application fee is waived for all online applications.
- March 1, Regular Decision Extended Deadline - Due to the effects of Hurricane
Sandy and the continued erratic weather in the Northeast we have
extended our Regular Decision application deadline.
- Admission decisions will be mailed on March 15.
- March16, as of this date, Hood will be accepting applications on a space available basis.
- Admission decisions will be made on a rolling basis, and notification of the admission decision is normally mailed within two weeks of receipt of the completed application file.
- Documents required to complete an application are as follows:
- Official High School Transcript
- Official SAT or ACT Scores
- 1 Letter of recommendation from a teacher
- 1 Letter of recommendation from your college or guidance counselor
- If you have questions about any required documents, please contact the Office of Admission at firstname.lastname@example.org or (301) 696-3400
- Early Decision is a binding admission option. If accepted to Hood, the applicant is agreeing to withdraw all applications to other colleges or universities and submit a non-refundable enrollment deposit to Hood no later than December 15.
- For all other admission options (Early Action & Regular Action), a decision on matriculation must be made no later than May 1. If you accept your offer of admission, an enrollment deposit should be submitted to hold your space in the first-year class.
- If you desire to reside on campus an additional housing deposit must be submitted to reserve a residence hall space on campus.
Ways to Apply
When you are ready to submit the online application, be sure to print a copy for your files.
Submit a Paper Application:
Download Printed Version
- High school applicants—Submit the School Report and Secondary School Counselor Evaluation to complete your application for admission.
- A minimum of one letter of recommendation from a teacher the student has had in an academic course. Two or more letters are strongly encouraged.
- Official high school transcript, sent directly from the school to the Office of Admission.
- Official results of the SAT and/or ACT examination. If the test scores appear on the high school transcript, the student will not need to submit additional score reports.
- An essay is required. Topics are listed on the application for Admission.
International students—Submit the Hood College I-20 Application for All International Students.
If you have questions or problems, please don't hesitate to contact the Office of Admission at (800) 922-1599 or (301) 696-3400, or e-mail email@example.com.