Admission to the undergraduate program at Hood College is selective, and students are encouraged to pursue a strong college preparatory curriculum in high school. Applicants are admitted on the basis of academic achievements, personal qualities and accomplishments, but there are no set admission standards regarding grade point average and standardized test scores.
- Early decision—Nov. 15; notification of decision sent Dec. 1. Early decision is binding. You may apply to only one college as an early decision applicant. Additionally, if offered admission, you are required to submit a nonrefundable enrollment deposit on or before Dec. 15.
- Early action I—Dec. 1; notification of decision sent Dec. 20; Deposit due May 1
- Early action II—Jan. 15; notification of decision sent Feb. 1; Deposit due May 1
- Regular decision —February 15; notification of decision sent March 1; Deposit due May 1
After the regular decision deadline
- Admission decisions will be made on a rolling basis, and notification of the admission decision is normally mailed within two weeks of receipt of the completed application file.
- Documents required to complete an application are as follows:
- Official high school transcript
- Official SAT or ACT Scores. Test scores are not required if applying Test optional.
- 1 Letter of recommendation from a teacher
- 1 Letter of recommendation from your college or guidance counselor
- Please contact the Office of Admission at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 301- 696-3400 with any questions regarding the required documents.
In addition to prospective first-year students, talented transfer students are also welcome to apply.
- Phone (in the U.S.): 800-922-1599
- Phone: 301-696-3400
- Fax: 301-696-3819
- Admission Office
401 Rosemont Ave.
Frederick, MD. 21701