The Hood College Student Life Suite—together with our student, faculty and staff colleagues—provides programs and services to support students and enrich their experience at Hood. The office celebrates the unique talents and interests of all students,and strives to create a dynamic campus community where students have access to a vibrant landscape of social, cultural and intellectual opportunities—opportunities that reflect the diversity of the student body.
Getting involved has a long list of perks: you can exercise, try new activities, perform, discover hidden talents, explore career options, publish, learn how to lead others and, of course, have fun! Plus, along the way, you’ll develop friendships with students—some exactly like you and some totally different. With a jam-packed campus events calendar, an array of intramural sports, and more than 60 clubs and organizations encompassing every interest, your biggest challenge will be finding time to check out everything that appeals to you.
But however you decide to get involved, what you learn at Hood inside and outside of the classroom will be significant—and will serve you for the rest of your life.
We strive to uphold and fulfill Hood's guiding principle: to prepare graduates for lives of responsibility, leadership and service by offering an experience that integrates liberal and professional learning in a student-centered environment.
- Foster and celebrate diversity and inclusiveness while educating students about issues of multiculturalism.
- Preserve the College's rich heritage by appreciating old and new traditions.
- Help develop fundamental skills, such as communication, problem-solving, decision making, critical thinking and leadership.
- Continuously improve programs and opportunities for student involvement through supporting and blending curricular and co-curricular opportunities.
- Promote a community of respect and affirm the value of each individual by providing quality customer service for students and the larger community.
- Empower students to become active participants in their education and the life and governance of the College.
Check out the fun and numerous clubs and organizations on the Student Organization Directory.
If you don't see an organization that interests you, don't worry—you can start your own! Just stop by the SAO to get the paperwork, or download it here.
- Monday-Thursday: 8:30 a.m. - 8 p.m.
- Friday: 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.