All students receive an @hood.edu e-mail address through which the College sends its official communications to all Hood e-mail addresses. You receive notices about schedules, grade results, billing information, emergency alerts, important deadlines and all other official college information at this address. It is your responsibility to read and manage this e-mail.
More than just e-mail, Hood in the Cloud will provide students with a number of productivity and collaboration tools, starting with 10GB of online mail and 25GB of online file storage, with much more to come! And because Hood in the Cloud is browser-based, students will be able to access all of these services from virtually any computer or mobile device with an Internet connection.
Hood has partnered with Microsoft to provide advanced lifetime e-mail accounts for Hood students. Currently, this program is available to the incoming 2011 class.
Students will get more than just an e-mail account; they will also have access to a suite of additional Live@edu online services provided by Microsoft including:
|Microsoft Office Outlook Live with 10GB storage
Outlook Live is built on the latest Exchange technology and has many of the same features used after leaving school.
Skydrive online storage with 25GB
- 10 GB inbox, 25 MB maximum total e-mail message size; 18 MB file attachments
- Shared calendars, drag and drop messages, conversation view
- Supports popular browsers on Windows or Mac, Firefox and Safari
Free 25 GB online storage means you can store, access and share your files online with friends or co-workers, from anywhere. Store files online and access them with virtually any Web-enabled computer or mobile device.
Office Web Applications
Microsoft Office Web Apps help you get more things done virtually anywhere and anytime. These convenient online companions to Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneNote offer an easy way to access, view and edit documents directly from your web browser.
Visit the FAQ page for questions regarding your Live@Edu mail.
Student Migration Tips:
- Your Hood email address will not change
- Once your old mailbox has been migrated, you must change your Hood password in order to synchronize your password with your new Live@edu mailbox. You can change your password online here.
- If you had contacts in your old mailbox, you will need to manually move them to your new Live@edu mailbox. You can download instructions to move your contacts here