If you witness a crime in progress, do not attempt to intervene. A situation that might appear safe may escalate beyond your control very quickly. You should take the following actions:
- Call 911 immediately indicating your location on Hood College’s campus.
- Be observant and try to make the following mental notes:
- Type of event taking place
- Number of individuals present
- Physical characteristics such as race, gender, height, weight, clothing worn, hair, or other distinguishing characteristics
- Description of any weapons used
- Mode of transportation used by the individuals