For serious medical illnesses or injuries, call 911.
What to do when you call 911:
- State that medical care is needed.
- State that you are at Hood College and provide your campus location, including the building address and room number if known.
- Provide the location of the injured or sick person (if different from your location).
- Provide the person’s present condition (e.g. bleeding, breathing erratically, unconscious).
- Recount the nature of the injury or medical problem if the person has been able to tell you what is wrong.
- Follow the directions of the dispatcher, who will tell you if an ambulance is required or if the injured individual may be brought in to the emergency room.
- Contact Campus Safety and Security at 301-696-3548 to inform them that 911 has been called and to be on the lookout for their arrival to ensure that they respond to the appropriate location.
- Remain calm as the emergency responder will arrive at the scene as soon as possible.