Hood College is working with Western Union Business Solutions to provide international students an alternative method for paying student bills. This payment option allows you to pay your student account balance in the currency of your choice and provide a simple and reliable way of initiating payments electronically.
The advantages of using the student payment portal include:
- You can easily obtain a foreign currency quote in CASHNet, which can be accessed in your self service account on the Hood College website.
- You can pay your tuition and fees in the currency of your choice which will then be converted to U.S. Dollars.
- There are no additional transaction charges from Western Union Business Solutions or Hood College, although you may be charged a transaction fee by your bank.
- The exchange rate is valid for 72 hours* after the transaction is initiated, taking the uncertainty out of the total payment amount.
- The exchange rate is competitive when compared to most banks’ retail rates.
- Payments received will include your reference information, which ensures that your payment reaches your student account quickly.
- Payments will be electronically transmitted to Hood College ensuring timely posting, typically 2 to 5 business days from the time you initiate the payment.
Steps to make a payment via bank-to-bank transfer:
1. Initiate your payment quote online
- Go to the CASHNet Payment Portal by logging into your self service account
- Enter your student details (Student ID, Name, Email)
- Enter the amount due in U.S. Dollars
- Choose your currency type. If your local currency is not available, please select an alternative currency or U.S. dollar option. You will receive all of the benefits including no banking charges from Hood College or Western Union Business Solutions, quicker posting of payment to your student account, and fully reference payments.
- A payment amount in your currency of choice will automatically be generated. This quote is secured for 72 hours.*
- Agree to the payment amount and accept terms and conditions.
- Download payment instructions, including the payment reference number, as a PDF document. You will need the reference number in order to complete your payment in Step 2.
2. Transfer funds to Western Union Business Solutions
- The payment instructions will tell you how to transfer funds through your personal bank or online.
- If you have your bank send the funds to Western Union Business Solutions, be sure they include the payment reference number.
3. Western Union Business Solutions transfers your funds to Hood College
- Using your payment reference number, Western Union Business Solutions will transfer your funds to Hood College and the payment will be posted to your student account.
- This process usually takes 2 to 5 business days after your local bank initiates payment to Western Union Business Solutions.
Please contact Western Union Business Solutions if you have questions or would like more information.
*For payments from certain countries, Western Union Business Solutions may refer the payer to a Western Union Business Solutions referral partner in that country to provide a foreign exchange rate and process the payment for the payer.