SPIRE Symposium, Tuesday, April 6, 2021, 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Your writing, research, and creative works are important to the Hood College community! The SPIRE Symposium is a celebration of undergraduate student achievement and an opportunity for you to gain experience presenting your work to faculty, your fellow students, staff and other interested members of the Hood community.
- Deliver a Talk About Your Research
- Gather a Panel of Students to Discuss a Course-Related or Research Topic
- Create a Poster and Discuss Your Work in a Drop-In Session
- Display Your Original Artwork and Share Your Thoughts on the Work and Creative Process
- Performance: Music, Creative Reading or Writing, Drama, Dance
- Show an Original Film
- Provide a Demonstration of an Experiment, Technology, or Idea Pitch
- Support Your Fellow Students by Attending Multiple Sessions
Proposals are now being accepted through Friday, March 12, 2021
Designing a Conference Poster | Thursday, March 25 | 1-2 PM - Learn how to create and present a poster for academic conferences. We'll talk about how to design a conference poster using PowerPoint and share strategies for distilling your research effectively for a poster session. Click here to register.
Effective Presentations | Thursday, April 1 | 4-5 PM - Learn tips for creating engaging presentations of your academic work. Click here to register.
Submit your proposal for consideration to be a presenter by Friday, March 12, 2021. Notification of proposal selection will be by Friday, March 19, 2021.
Please complete this form and submit it prior to Friday, March 12, 2021 by 5 p.m. Accepted proposal applicants will be notified by Friday, March 19, 2021 by 5 p.m.