Commitments, Benefits and Application
LEAP: Leadership for Emergency Academic Preparedness
Teachers selected for the LEAP program will commit to:
- Attend monthly workshops, seminars, and PLC meetings (held virtually on Saturdays, fall 2020, spring 2021, fall 2021). Fall 2020 workshop dates: Oct. 17 (full day), Nov. 7 (half day), Dec. 5 (half day)
- Consider joining the optional 1-week Summer 2021 workshop series.
- Prepare for workshops and meeting by completing readings and/or writing assignments
- Actively participate in PLCs and occasionally lead PLC meetings
- Maintain a reflection log
- Develop and present a mini-workshop for PLC
- Disseminate and apply learning to the broader profession
Benefits of the participation in the LEAP program include:
- Opportunities for support and collaboration
- Leadership opportunities
- A $500 stipend per semester (Fall 2020, Spring 2021, Fall 2021)
- Optional participation and stipend for Summer 2021
- Mini-grants to develop and apply curriculum or professional development initiatives*
- Travel grants to present at local and regional conferences*
* (participants must apply for mini-grants and travel grants)
Applying to the LEAP Program
Applicants must be certified, practicing teachers in Maryland. Furthermore, they should be fully committed to the objectives and expectations of the LEAP programs. Applicants must be able to attend virtual Saturday workshops 4-5 times per semester.
The application process is competitive and limited to 50 teachers. No late applications will be accepted.