Registration & Fees
- Children must be 3 years old by September 1 of the year they enroll in the Lab School.
- Onica Prall works with families to determine the best activities for the child based on individual needs. If you have a concern about your child’s development, please speak to your teacher or call the Child Find Office (301-644-5292) to request a screening.
- Children must be toilet trained by the beginning of the school year. All children must be out of regular and pullup diapers, and completely independent in the restroom. Medical conditions will be considered with medical documentation.
- Applications are accepted for children who are at least 18 months old. There is no application fee. Families may request applications by telephone, email or in person by contacting the director (301-696-3416; firstname.lastname@example.org). Applications may also be printed from the Hood College website. Completed applications should be returned to the director via email (as a Word document), U.S. mail or fax (301-696- 3531).
- After submitting an application, families should notify the Lab School of any changes in address, email or telephone number.
- In January, the Lab School director will contact families in writing to offer enrollment for the following fall. For each year of enrollment, the Lab School requires a $50 nonrefundable enrollment fee.
- In June the director sends enrollment materials to families who accept enrollment offers.
- In early August a letter of welcome will be sent from the child’s teacher.
- In keeping with a continuous enrollment policy, children enrolled as 3-year-olds are automatically enrolled in the following year’s class.
Onica Prall is a participant of the Maryland Excels, which guarantees the highest ranking of pre-K programs.
The teachers and staff are highly qualified, as established through the State of Maryland Credentialing Standards.
The Lab School is member of the National Association for the Education of the Young Children, Maryland State Child Care Association, Early Childhood Advocates in Action and the International Association of Laboratory Schools.
2018-19 Fees & Tuitions
The Lab School is $670 per semester, with a $50 nonrefundable enrollment fee when enrollment forms are submitted. Families who wish for their child to return for a second year of enrollment must submit a $50 deposit in the spring of the first year. This nonrefundable deposit will be credited toward the next semester’s tuition. There is also an annual $20 material fees.
Tuition is billed by Hood College accounting office. Payment is due upon receipt of the bill. Tuition must be paid in full at the beginning of the semester. A payment plan is available and payments are sent directly to the accounting office. Families work directly with the accounting office.