- Undergraduate Faculty
Assistant Professor of Sociology
Dr. Kolysh is a lesbian agender mother of four and a feminist scholar of race, gender, and sexuality committed to a revolutionary future. Their background in Biology, Public Health, LGBTQ studies, and Sociology aids their interdisciplinary work and scholar-activism. A culmination of the last ten years, Dr. Kolysh’ book, Everyday Violence: The Public Harassment of Women and LGBTQ People, will be published in August 2021 with Rutgers University Press. You can learn more about Dr. Kolysh at simonekolysh.com.
- BA - Biology - NYU
- MPH - Community Public Health - NYU
- MA - Sociology - Brooklyn College, CUNY
- PhD - Sociology - The Graduate Center, CUNY
- Concentration: LGBTQ Studies;
- Graduate Certificate: Women’s Studies.