Purpose & Staff
Expectations and Responsibilities
Our expectations of each student:
- Ask questions,and don’t be afraid to ask for help! Students who are unsure where to go for assistance can stop by the Student Success Center or talk to their professors.
- Students should check their email regularly, and respond! This is be the primary way in which Hood communicates with students. Don't miss out on important information.
- Follow through on and be prepared for meetings.
- If it becomes impossible for you to get to an appointment, call or email to let the Student Success Center staff know!
- Be invested in your education. Stop by your professor’s office just to get to know them, join a club or organization, go to campus events and have fun!
What you can expect from the Student Success Center staff:
- A timely response. The Student Success staff will get back to you as soon as we possibly can!
- Personalized support. Whether you need to meet with a tutor, an advisor or accessibility services, you can expect us to provide you with our full attention and to work with you as you learn and develop as a student.
- Honest information. Sometimes you may find yourself in a dilemma, and the truth will be hard to hear. However, it is always important for you to know what is going on, and we are here help you work through whatever it is you are going through.
- Assistance with academic troubles. Stop by if you are struggling with time management, study skills, test taking, etc.
- Follow up and preparedness for meetings. If you schedule a meeting with us, we’ll be here, and we’ll be ready!
In addition to the professional staff listed below. Trained graduate assistants, student workers and tutors help to carry out the office's purpose.