Housing Accommodations

Hood College is committed to serving all students with disabilities in all aspects of their college life. Students with diagnosed conditions that rise to the level of a disability, who will be requesting accommodations and services at Hood College, must complete the accommodations request process prior to the approval of a housing accommodation.

Housing Accommodation Forms:

Incoming new students and current students with first time request:Click herefor the Request for Housing Accommodations electronic form for disability-related matters.

Returning students already receiving accommodations continuation request for 2021-22 academic year: Click here and complete the form by March 12, 2021 to ensure your continuation of housing accommodations is received before the housing lottery. 

Assistance Animals:

Click here to learn about assistance animals. 

Policy and Guidelines for Service Animals and Emotional Support Animals


This multi‐faceted process and approval includes the student’s self‐disclosure and personal interview, the timely submission of detailed documentation of the disorder/condition, and an interpretation of the evaluation data. Disability‐related documentation submitted to obtain accommodations, provide medical documentation demonstrating the impact of the diagnosed condition on the major life activities that are directly connected to residence life housing, and provide information about previous accommodations and services used by the student related to the condition.

  1. Incoming new students and current students with first time request: completes this Accessibility Registration Form 

  2. All necessary documentation must be submitted.  (Please review the Housing Accommodation guidelines provided in the drop-down below before submitting your documentation.)  

  3. Eligibility for the housing accommodations requested will be determined when the appropriate documentation is received.   

  4. Housing Accommodations can only be provided once all necessary documentation is submitted.   

A student seeking reasonable housing accommodations must qualify in keeping with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the ADA Amendments Act of 2008 (ADAAA), and the FHAA (Fair Housing Amendments Act).  The Office of Accessibility Services, in consultation with the Housing Accommodation Committee, is responsible for evaluating whether to grant or deny a request for reasonable accommodation in college housing.

Deadlines & Submission:

In order to ensure that you receive appropriate accommodations, you must submit your housing accommodation request form by the deadline below. After the deadline dates (which allows for documentation review and communication with care providers), the standard housing assignments process will take place; so it is critical for housing accommodation requests to be submitted by the deadline. This deadline was established to provide the Housing Accommodation Committee with sufficient time to review requests and for consideration to be given to specific housing‐related needs before the room assignment process for all students takes place.

All approved housing accommodations must be reapplied for the next academic year and updated medical documentation may be requested.

  • Continuing/Returning Students for 2021-2022 academic year: March 12, 2021 
  • Incoming New Students/Current Students New Request (Fall 2021 Start): July 1, 2021 
  • Incoming New Students/Current Students New Request (Spring 2022 Start): November 30, 2021 

If you have a need for a housing accommodation which arises for the first time after the deadline, email accessibilityservices@hood.edu to make it known that you will be submitting a post‐deadline request.

You must contact Residence Life for:  

Housing accommodation requests are not reviewed as received. 

The Housing Accommodation Committee will strive to determine and, for those deemed eligible, meet newly arising needs for housing accommodations as soon as reasonably possible given the limited availability of housing options following the assignment process. If accommodated housing is granted, but unavailable, the student will be placed on a waitlist until such housing becomes available.

The Housing Accommodation Committee meets: 

  • biweekly during peak times of year, 
  • once a month during non-peak times.

Peak times of year 

  • Fall semester: August 1st to 3rd week of Fall Semester 
  • Spring semester: January 5th to 3rd week of Spring semester 


Housing Accommodation Documentation Required 

1. Hood College Housing Accommodation Form: To be completed by the medical provider who is overseeing the care and treatment of your medical condition or disability is required for approval of accommodations.  

  • If a question on the form is not related to your disability, and/or the care and treatment of your disability, the medical provider can put N/A or leave blank.  
  • Questions with an Asterix are required questions to be completed by your medical provider and the form will be viewed as incomplete if those are not answered.  

Housing Accommodation Form  

Housing Accommodation Form—Assistance Animal  

Documentation that will not be accepted: 

  • Notes handwritten on prescription blanks are not acceptable.  
  • Handwritten letters (even if on letterhead) 
  • Letters from medical provider even if on letterhead in lieu of the required Housing Accommodation Form
  • Medical case notes or records from patients/patient portals in lieu of the Hood College Housing Accommodation form and/or a letter (following the above listed requirements)