Do you need assistance in a course?
Tutoring is offered to Hood students free of charge and is available in many different subject areas across campus.
To schedule an individual tutoring appointment click on the following link:
If you need assistance in an area that is not identified in TutorTrac, you should contact your professor directly to request support.
What tutors can do:
- Help clarify assignments
- Suggest possible approaches to solving problems
- Illustrate how to correct grammatical or structural problems
- Support the Honor Code
What tutors cannot do:
- Your homework
- Solve problems for you
- Edit or revise papers
- Help with take-home tests
Meeting with a tutor:
- Sign up for an appointment throught tutortrac
- Bring a copy of your assignment
- Bring your textbook
- Bring specific questions for the tutor
- If you cannot make your appointment you can cancel the appointment in TutorTrac.
- Arrive on time; appointments are for 30 minutes
Writing Skills Support
The Writing Center staff can help students with papers for any course and with nonacademic papers, such as scholarship applications. Faculty and peer tutors will work with students who need help getting started on a paper or improving a paper’s grammar, punctuation, sentence structure, organization, spelling and documentation. While staff won’t edit or write the paper, they'll point out ways students can state their ideas clearly and effectively. View schedule here.
Math Skills Support
The Math Center is available for students needing extra help with their math classes. Students needing math support can schedule free tutoring sessions through TutorTrac.The Math Center is currently located in the Beneficial Hodson library on the first floor. View schedule here.