Studying abroad can be one of the most rewarding experiences of your academic career.
In addition to fun and exciting travel, you will learn about other cultures, perhaps obtain proficiency in another language, gain invaluable experience in your field of study, develop confidence and self-sufficiency, and broaden your perspectives on the world and the United States. Study abroad through Hood College will help you to think globally by matching your interests and future goals to our many programs.
Let the Office of Study Abroad and the Center for Career Development and Experiential Education help you get started today!
With careful planning, it is possible for students of any major to participate in a study abroad program. Gain a greater understanding of your academic field and the world around you.
- Global Languages and Cultures majors have studied in Argentina, France, Germany, Spain and Morocco
- Social work and sociology majors have studied in England, Spain and Korea
- Middle Eastern studies majors have studied in Morocco
- Psychology majors have studied in France, Korea and England
- Political science and law and society majors have studied in Korea
- History majors have studied in France
- Art and Archaeology majors have studied in Italy and Turkey
- Business and Management majors have studied in Australia and England
- Communication arts majors have studied in England, Australia and Korea
When to Study Abroad
The Study Abroad Office provides students with information and counseling on programs that fit their needs, application processes and scholarship opportunities. The staff also offers pre- and post-departure orientations for living abroad.
Hood College encourages students pursuing long-term studying abroad to do so during the spring semester of their junior year. All students intending to study abroad should complete the application materials at least one semester in advance of the proposed study. Students can participate in short-term study abroad after their freshman year and throughout academic experience.