Frequently Asked Questions
The VA does pay for:
- courses required by the student's approved program of study (please refer to the College Catalog for a list of courses required for each program)
- a repeated course if the student received an unsuccessful grade on the first attempt and the repeat is required for graduation from Hood College
- courses designated as remedial, practicum, clinical, independent study, and internship/externship
The VA does not pay for:
- audited courses
- courses that are not approved for the student's program of study
If a student ceases attendance in a course, does not officially withdraw and receives a failing grade, the student may be required to repay some or all of the education benefits received for that course.
- A student who must withdraw due to mitigating circumstances should contact ??? immediately.
- The student must notify (in person or via their Hood College email) ??? if they change their program of study or change a course to audit.
- Program of study changes require submission of a completed VA Form 22-1995 (veteran) or VA Form 22-5495 (dependent).
- Students receiving education benefits through Chapter 30, 1606, or 1607 will not receive their monthly payment until they have certified their enrollment via Web Automated Verification of Enrollment (WAVE). This must be done monthly.