|  FAQs
Bookmark and Share


How do I apply? 

Applicants with 24 or more college credits: 

  • Transfer Application 
  • Official transcript(s) from all previous colleges/universities  
  • Counselor Interview (Recommended)

Applicants with 12-23 college credits*:

  • Transfer application 
  • Official transcript(s) from all previous colleges/universities 
  • Official high school transcript 
  • Counselor interview (Recommended)

Applicants with 0-11 college credits:

  • Transfer application
  • Official transcript(s) from all previous colleges/universities
  • Official high school transcript
  • Essay or personal statement
  • Counselor interview (Recommended)

What is Hood's transfer application deadline? 

Spring Semester: (begins in January)
Rolling admission will continue until December 15

Fall Semester: (begins in August)
Rolling admission until August 1

In addition, we recommend all students complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Some grant and other funds are limited, so the earlier you complete your admissions application and apply for aid, the more likely you are to receive all funding for which you are eligible. You may complete the FAFSA online via Hood's school code is 002076.

**Applications received after the deadline will be considered on a space available basis.

How will my Associate of Arts degree transfer? 

Students who transfer to Hood College with an A.A., A.S. or A.T.T. degree from a community college in Maryland will have met all Hood College Core Curriculum requirements. (Three additional credits are required for Global Perspectives at Hood, if not previously taken.)  

Will my credits from previous and current college work transfer to Hood? 

Hood College will accept up to 62 credits from an accredited community college and up to 94 credits from a four-year university. For a class to transfer, it must be an academic course in which you earned a grade of C- or above. Students must complete their last 30 credits at Hood College.  

Are scholarships or financial aid available? 

Yes. Scholarships are available to full-time students and financial aid is available to students enrolled in at least 6 credits per semester as a degree-seeking candidate. We offer a wide range of financial assistance options. 

How can I tour the campus? 

Simply call our office at 301-696-3400. We offer morning and afternoon appointments.

What majors/degrees are available to Transfer students? 

Students are eligible to pursue any of our more than 30 majors.