Chalk and Wire
Hood College uses Anthology's Chalk & Wire platform to manage assessment activities and data.
Chalk & Wire (also called Anthology Portfolio) allows students to demonstrate knowledge and competencies. Learning outcome achievement results are used by instructors and departments to inform program improvements.
Users should access Chalk & Wire by clicking on a Chalk & Wire assignment in Blackboard.
User guides and other resources can be found below. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional support.
Faculty & Staff User Guides
- Creating Chalk & Wire Assignments in Blackboard (video)
- Submitting Assessment Scores Via Excel Template (video)
- Scoring Assignments in Chalk & Wire (video)
- Creating Chalk & Wire Assignments in Blackboard (PDF)
- Chalk & Wire's Introductory Guide for Assessors
- Chalk & Wire's Online Assessor User Guide
Student User Guides
- Submitting Assignments in Chalk & Wire (PDF)
- Viewing Scores and Comments in Chalk & Wire (PDF)
- Chalk & Wire's Introductory Guide for Students
- Chalk & Wire's Online Student User Guide
An instructor account will be created at the direction of the department or program director.
Expired accounts will be reviewed each semester and renewed as needed. If an account needs renewed, please request assistance at email@example.com.
Instructors should access Chalk & Wire by clicking on the title of a Chalk & Wire assignment in Blackboard. Instructors who have a Chalk & Wire username and password can also access the platform here.
The College will provide Chalk & Wire access for students as required by a course or program. Students will automatically receive their account access in Chalk & Wire when uploading their first Chalk & Wire assignment using Blackboard.
Expired accounts will automatically be renewed when a student clicks on the assignment link in Blackboard. A code is never required to create a Chalk & Wire account at Hood College. Any issues with creating or accessing an account after selecting the assignment link in Blackboard should be reported to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chalk & Wire Support
Students, faculty, and staff: email@example.com
Chalk & Wire is supported by the following browsers:
- Chrome (PC & Mac)
- Firefox 4+ (PC & Mac)
In order to prevent compatibility issues, please avoid using Safari when accessing Chalk & Wire.