Whether you are a new or returning Hood student, the counseling services staff would like to welcome you.
We know you will find Hood to be a challenging, welcoming and diverse environment that offers innumerable opportunities for personal and academic growth. It is our mission to serve as an essential resource to all students to help you maximize benefit from both your academic experiences and out-of-class learning opportunities.
If you would like to meet with a counselor:
- Call 301-698-8374 option -1 for an appointment or walk in to the counseling center at Frederick Health's Toll House site.
- Check in at the reception desk and inform the staff that you are a Hood College Student.
- There is no charge for students to talk with a counselor.
See something. Say something. Do something.
If you are concerned about a student, access our helpful resource.
Hood College Health and Counseling Services, Frederick Health's Toll House Site
501 West 7th Street
Frederick, MD 21701
Phone: 301-698-8374 option -1
- Monday-Friday, 10 a.m.-6 p.m. (while the fall and spring semesters are in session)
- Walk In hours for counseling services are Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 1 - 2 p.m.
Additional counseling appointments may be available from 6 to 8 p.m. on certain evenings, depending on staff availability.
Hood College Counseling Services is staffed by Licensed Professional Counselors as well as Hood College graduate students who are completing their counseling internship.