Hood College Nursing invites your participation in Hood Million Hearts®
Be ONE in a MILLION and take control of your health!
- Participate in a Million Hearts Screening to know your numbers.
- Get a FREE home blood pressure monitor and learn how to use it (26 blood pressure monitors are available)
- Learn about your risk for heart disease and stroke and how you can make healthy lifestyle choices to lessen those risks.
- Meet with our team one-on-one Sept. through Nov. to talk about your numbers and progress toward your health goals.
- There are 26 blood pressure monitors available
To LEARN MORE and REGISTER, go to:
Summer Mindfulness Meditation
12:15-12:45 p.m. Wedesdays, May 22-July 24, Library 1028 (main floor across from the reference desk).
If you're interested in a half hour of quiet to settle your body, mind and spirit, please email Beth O'Malley.
Lunchtime Yoga at Hood College
• Open to Hood students, faculty and staff
• Noon.-12:45 p.m. Tuesdays, Gambrill Gym Yoga Studio
• Light yoga, so no need to shower afterwards
• Wear comfortable clothing and bring yoga mat or towel
Fitness Center Hours
The fitness center will be open 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Monday - Friday during the summer. You must have a valid Hood College School ID to use the fitness center.
Weekly Chapel Services
Weekly chapel services will resume in the fall.
Nutrition Education and Consultation:
Hi! I’m Thu Huynh, Registered Dietitian and in-store nutritionist with Giant Food. At Giant, we offer many services to help you improve your health and achieve your nutritional goals. And especially with the new year here, what better time to take advantage of these free services?
Nutrition services include:
o One-on-One Consultations
o A one hour session is $25, refunded at the end of the session with a $25 gift card to Giant.
o Held in nutritionist’s office at the Urbana Giant or Traville Giant in Rockville. By appointment only.
On-Campus Nutrition Seminars
o As scheduled by the Director of Wellness, Teresa Cevallos or by group request.
Group Store Tours
o Whether it be diabetes, heart health, or a plant-based diet, learn how to grocery shop with health and wellness on the mind.
For more information email me at firstname.lastname@example.org