New Student Housing
In late August, you'll move into your on-campus home away from home and begin your college journey!
New first-year students will be assigned roommates in their housing assignment in either Memorial Hall or Smith Hall.
New transfer students will be assigned to Coblentz Hall with a roommate.
- Housing and Food Service Contract due
- Access this electronic form within Self Service using your Hood College email username and password (provided to you within a week after paying your enrollment deposit)
- This form contains questions about you so you can best be assigned to a room and with a roommate (or roommates as we have a few 4-person rooms)
- Staff would love to match you with a roommate. However, if you have a preferred roommate, type their name on your form.
- If you have already submitted your form and you later find a preferred roommate, you may edit your form prior to the deadline.
- If your athletic coach is matching you with another teammate, you can leave it blank because they will give those assignments to us. If you prefer to not live with a teammate, let your coach know.
- Housing Accommodations Request Form due
- This form is required only for students requesting reasonable housing accommodations due to any of the following reasons: disabilities (medical, psychological, temporary, disability factors, non‐medical physical), gender, religious, or cultural.
- Your housing assignment and roommate assignment will be emailed to your Hood College email account.
- Medical Forms are due (to FMH Tollhouse)
- Maryland law requires all residential students to have the meningococcal vaccine or sign a waiver declining the vaccination.
- To be able to move in, students must have this submitted their form.
- New Student Move In
- Students will be emailed the time they can move in on July 31, along with their room assignment.
- For more details, check out www.hood.edu/movein.
- The four-day new student orientation program begins!