Chalk & Wire
What is Chalk & Wire?
Chalk & Wire is a web-based e-Portfolio management and assessment system that allows students to demonstrate knowledge and competencies. Outcomes are used by instructors and departments to inform program improvements.
For current users: User Log-In
Attention: If you encounter the following error message it is due to a browser issue. There are two ways to bypass this error. 1) Clear the cookies on your preferred browser or 2) Open a different browser and try submitting work again.
The College will provide Chalk & Wire access for students as required by a course or program.
New Users: Students will automatically receive their account access in Chalk & Wire when uploading their first Chalk & Wire assignment using Blackboard. New users should follow the instructions outlined below under "Student Guide" to activate their Chalk & Wire account.
Renewal: Expired accounts will automatically be renewed when a student clicks on the assignment link in Blackboard.
A code is never required to create a Chalk & Wire account at Hood College. Any issues with creating or accessing an account after you click on the assignment link in Blackboard should be reported to email@example.com.
The college will provide Chalk & Wire access for instructors.
New Users: An instructor account will be created at the direction of the department or program director.
Renewal: Expired accounts will be reviewed each semester and renewed as needed. If an account needs renewed, please request assistance at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submitting an assignment
- Submitting an assignment using an iPad and OneDrive
- Chalk & Wire Resources
- Chalk & Wire showcases students’ work throughout their academic year in a portable, web-based format that can be taken with them after graduation.
- At the end of the program, students will have a complete portfolio of critical assignments that document or demonstrate their skills and professional growth.
- Students are given unlimited web-based storage and can create and design separate portfolios to target a particular type of position or career path and for other purposes.
- Chalk & Wire provides a platform for faculty to assess individual student performance on course assignments and at the same time demonstrate competencies for program review.
- It is a system that allows faculty to evaluate student learning outcomes specific to the academic program.
- It is designed for program assessment in which faculty members collectively assess student work that is common across a program over time using the same set of criteria or a rubric. Results can be gleaned and aggregated each semester to evaluate program-level learning outcomes or disaggregated by important demographic variables.
- Chalk & Wire is a powerful data management system that allows the program to conduct assessment of students’ competencies, which are linked to state and national standards and assessment instruments.