Key messages support the brand pillars with proof points that help convey our story in meaningful and narrative ways; it is how we embody the brand.
Education Beyond the Boundaries
- A well-rounded education with all the qualities of liberal arts (critical thinking, communication, adaptability, flexibility).
- High-quality academic programs (science, technology, education, business).
- High-caliber faculty (active researchers, authors, performers).
- Valuable and enriching experiences outside the traditional classroom (lecture series, field trips, trading room, moot courtroom, labs).
- Small class sizes.
- Interdisciplinary education.
- Opportunities for undergraduate and graduate research.
- Dedicated teachers who are passionate about their disciplines and who challenge their students.
- Personalized learning opportunities to help each student explore their passions and reach their full potential.
- Students engage with current, relevant concepts in a given field through lectures, discussions and hands-on experiences using innovative teaching methods and technology.
Active and Inclusive Community
- Diverse and inclusive community.
- Beyond friendly—the Hood Hello!
- More than 60 social, academic, creative, cultural, spiritual, service and musical clubs and organizations.
- Hood College traditions.
- Strong inter-collegiate athletics.
- Frederick’s vibrant, historic and safe downtown is within walking distance of campus.
- Washington, D.C. and Baltimore provide opportunities for additional social and cultural events.
- Access to the I-270/I-79 corridor and partnerships with Fort Detrick and other organizations provide internship, research and career possibilities.
- Alumni in the area provide mentoring and networking connections.
- Students build self-confidence, self-awareness, self-discipline and maturity to develop a sense of purpose.
- Gain insight through new experiences.
- Practice empathy for others and become involved in the community.
- Become a lifelong learner.
Well-Rounded, Skilled Professional
- Students graduate with broad skills and specific professional knowledge.
- Graduates secure jobs they love and have successful, meaningful careers.