Winter 2023 classes begin Monday, January 2 and end Friday, January 20
Spring 2023 classes begin Tuesday, January 24 and end Tuesday, May 16
- Winter and Spring schedules will be available for review in Self Service on Monday, October 24: View the Schedule of Classes in Self-Service.
- Advising will be held October 31 through November 11.
- New Self-Service Guide for Students: Includes instructions for course registration and resolving holds/stops on student accounts.
- Review the Academic Calendar for other important dates.
- Graduate Students should visit the graduate registration page for information.
Tuition & Fees:
Tuition rates are available on the Accounting Services webpage.
- Graduate classes will be billed by cluster as designated on the Accounting Services webpage.
- For questions regarding billing, contact the Accounting Office at 301-696-3607 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- More information regarding tuition and fees can be found here: https://www.hood.edu/offices-services/accounting-services/tuition-fees.
- Questions regarding financial aid should be sent to the Office of Financial Aid (email@example.com; 301-696-3411).
Course Registration Drop/Add Deadlines:
- Current students will be able to register themselves via Self-Service for Spring 2023 until Saturday, January 28 at 5pm. After that date, all schedule changes must be processed through the registrar's office. The drop/add period for Spring 2023 ends on Thursday, February 2nd at 5pm.
See below for important dates and steps for undergraduate registration
Only your assigned academic advisor listed on Self-Service may authorize you for registration in the system. In the event you are unable to register for courses via Self-Service, registration forms must be completed and signed by your advisor. Keep a copy of your approved registration form as a backup and, if you are registering for any courses that need faculty approval, your registration form will be needed for processing these course registrations in the Registrar’s Office.
- Prerequisites: You may register only for courses for which you have met the required prerequisites.
- Select alternate courses in case your first choices are full.
Department chair and instructor signatures are needed for independent studies and X-credits. Instructor signatures are also needed for departmental honors and any course which requires the permission of the instructor to enroll. Registration for any of these course types must be done by using the Registration Drop/Add form in person in the Registrar’s office, Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. or via email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Resolve any holds placed on your account, such as those noted by Accounting, Registrar’s Office, Library, Wellness Center or Residence Life/Dean of Students. Failure to clear holds may result in blocked registration.
The order of registration is determined by current class standing based on credits earned (does not count enrollment for the current semester in progress). Once registration is open for your class, it continues to be open until classes begin.
The schedule for Winter and Spring 2023 registration is as follows:
Class and Registration Times
Seniors (87 or more credits earned): Monday, November 14, 12:01 a.m.
Juniors (56 or more credits earned): Tuesday, November 15, 12:01 a.m.
Sophomores(25-55 credits earned): Wednesday, November 16, 12:01 a.m.
First Years (fewer than 25 credits earned): Thursday, November 17, 12:01 a.m.
Once your advisor has authorized that you are clear to register online, you may enter your course selections according to the schedule listed above.
100 percent tuition refund before the first day of class for all sessions
- 80 percent tuition refund within the first two calendar days of one- and two-week sessions; zero percent tuition refunds thereafter
- 80 percent tuition refund within the first four calendar days of three- and four-week sessions; zero percent tuition refunds thereafter
- 80 percent tuition refund within the first seven calendar days of five- and six-week sessions; zero percent tuition refunds thereafter
AC POOL Aquatic Center
AD Alumnae Hall (Administration Building)
AP Apple Resource Center
AT WGHT Athletic Center Weight Room
AT TURF Athletic Center Turf Field
BR Brodbeck Music Hall
GA GYM Gambrill Gymnasium
GA DNCE Gambrill Dance Studio
GA LNGE Gambrill Lounge
GA TENN Gambrill Tennis
GA YOGA Gambrill Yoga Room
HO Hodson Ceramics Center
HT Hodson Technology
OC Off Campus
OP CDL Georgetown Hill Child Development Lab
RO Rosenstock Hall
TA Tatem Arts Center
TBA To Be Announced
WC Whitaker Campus Center