Summer I 2021 classes begin Monday, May 24 and end Saturday, July 3
Summer II 2021 classes begin Tuesday, July 6 and end Sunday, August 15
Fall 2021 classes begin Monday, August 23 and end Tuesday, December 14
Graduate Students should visit the graduate registration page for information.
Step 1: Academic Advising in Advisor's Office
- Advising period begins Monday, April 5th and continues through Friday, April 23rd.
Only your assigned academic advisor listed on Self-Service may authorize you for registration in the system. In the event you are unable to register for courses via Self-Service, registration forms must be completed and signed by your advisor. Keep a copy of your approved registration form as a backup and, if you are registering for any courses that need faculty approval, your registration form will be needed for processing these course registrations in the Registrar’s Office.
- Prerequisites: You may register only for courses for which you have met the required prerequisites.
- Select alternate courses in case your first choices are full.
Department chair and instructor signatures are needed for independent studies and X-credits. Instructor signatures are also needed for departmental honors and any course which requires the permission of the instructor to enroll. Registration for any of these course types must be done by using the Registration Drop/Add form in person in the Registrar’s office, Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m or via email (email@example.com).
Step 2: Clear Holds on your Account
Resolve any holds placed on your account, such as those noted by Accounting, Registrar’s Office, Library, Health Center or Residence Life/Dean of Students. Failure to clear holds may result in blocked registration.
Step 3: Registration
The order of registration is determined by current class standing based on credits earned (does not count enrollment for the current semester in progress). Once registration is open for your class, it continues to be open until classes begin.
The schedule for Winter and Spring 2021 registration is as follows:
Class and Registration Times
Seniors (87 or more credits earned): Monday, April 26, 12:01 a.m.
Juniors (56- 86 credits earned): Monday, April 26, 12:01 a.m.
Sophomores(25-55 credits earned): Tuesday, April 27, 12:01 a.m.
First Years (fewer than 25 credits earned): Wednesday, April 28, 12:01 a.m.
Once your advisor has authorized that you are clear to register online, you may enter your course selections according to the schedule listed above.
Undergraduate Registration for Non-degree Students
- View the Schedules of Classes on Self-Service.
- Select "Course Sections," select the appropriate year/term from the "Period" drop-down menu, and select "Main Session" in the "Session" drop-down menu.
- Non-degree students must complete a registration form (online).
- Registration for non-degree students begins Monday, May 3.
Tuition & Fees for Summer 2021 and Fall 2021:
Tuition rates for Fall will be available on the Accounting Services webpage in the near future.
- Graduate classes will be billed by cluster as designated on the Accounting Services webpage.
- The payment due date for summer terms will be the first day of the term (May 24 for Summer I and July 6 for Summer II).
- The payment due date for Fall 2021 semester will be August 15, 2021.
- For questions regarding billing, contact the Accounting Office at 301-696-3607 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- More information regarding tuition and fees can be found here: https://www.hood.edu/offices-services/accounting-services/tuition-fees.
- Questions regarding financial aid should be sent to the Office of Financial Aid (email@example.com; 301-696-3411).
Course Registration Drop/Add Deadlines:
Once classes begin, all drop/adds must be processed through the Registrar’s Office.
- Current students will be able to register themselves for Summer I 2021 term via self-service until May 23, at 11:59 pm and for Summer II term until July 5, at 11:59 pm.
Withdrawal or tuition refund policy for summer terms
100 percent tuition refund before the first day of class for all sessions
- 80 percent tuition refund within the first two calendar days of one- and two-week sessions; zero percent tuition refunds thereafter
- 80 percent tuition refund within the first four calendar days of three- and four-week sessions; zero percent tuition refunds thereafter
- 80 percent tuition refund within the first seven calendar days of five- and six-week sessions; zero percent tuition refunds thereafter