Fall 2021 classes begin Monday, August 23 and end Tuesday, December 14
New Self-Service Guide for Students: Includes instructions for course registration and resolving holds/stops on student accounts
Review the Academic Calendar for other important dates.
Graduate Students should visit the graduate registration page for information.
Tuition & Fees for 2021-2022 Academic Year:
Tuition rates for Fall will be available on the Accounting Services webpage.
- Graduate classes will be billed by cluster as designated on the Accounting Services webpage.
- The payment due date for Fall 2021 semester will be August 15, 2021.
- For questions regarding billing, contact the Accounting Office at 301-696-3607 or email@example.com.
- More information regarding tuition and fees can be found here: https://www.hood.edu/offices-services/accounting-services/tuition-fees.
- Questions regarding financial aid should be sent to the Office of Financial Aid (firstname.lastname@example.org; 301-696-3411).
Course Registration Drop/Add Deadlines:
Once classes begin, all drop/adds must be processed through the Registrar’s Office.
- Current students will be able to register themselves for Fall 2021 term via Self-Service until Sunday, August 22 at 11:59 pm.
See below for steps for undergraduate registration
Academic advising for Winter and Spring 2022 semester is available November 1-12, 2021
Only your assigned academic advisor listed on Self-Service may authorize you for registration in the system. In the event you are unable to register for courses via Self-Service, registration forms must be completed and signed by your advisor. Keep a copy of your approved registration form as a backup and, if you are registering for any courses that need faculty approval, your registration form will be needed for processing these course registrations in the Registrar’s Office.
- Prerequisites: You may register only for courses for which you have met the required prerequisites.
- Select alternate courses in case your first choices are full.
Department chair and instructor signatures are needed for independent studies and X-credits. Instructor signatures are also needed for departmental honors and any course which requires the permission of the instructor to enroll. Registration for any of these course types must be done by using the Registration Drop/Add form in person in the Registrar’s office, Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. or via email (email@example.com).
Resolve any holds placed on your account, such as those noted by Accounting, Registrar’s Office, Library, Wellness Center or Residence Life/Dean of Students. Failure to clear holds may result in blocked registration.
The order of registration is determined by current class standing based on credits earned (does not count enrollment for the current semester in progress). Once registration is open for your class, it continues to be open until classes begin.
The schedule for Winter and Spring 2022 registration is as follows:
Class and Registration Times
Seniors (87 or more credits earned): Monday, November 15, 12:01 a.m.
Juniors (56- 86 credits earned): Tuesday, November 16 12:01 a.m.
Sophomores(25-55 credits earned): Wednesday, November 17, 12:01 a.m.
First Years (fewer than 25 credits earned): Thursday, November 18, 12:01 a.m.
Once your advisor has authorized that you are clear to register online, you may enter your course selections according to the schedule listed above.
100 percent tuition refund before the first day of class for all sessions
- 80 percent tuition refund within the first two calendar days of one- and two-week sessions; zero percent tuition refunds thereafter
- 80 percent tuition refund within the first four calendar days of three- and four-week sessions; zero percent tuition refunds thereafter
- 80 percent tuition refund within the first seven calendar days of five- and six-week sessions; zero percent tuition refunds thereafter