Fall 2019 classes begin Monday, August 26 at 8:30 a.m.
Step 1: Academic Advising in Advisor's Office
- Advising period begins Monday, March 25 and continues through Friday, April 5.
Only your assigned academic advisor, listed on Self-Service, may authorize you for registration in the system. In the event you are unable to register for courses via Self-Service, registration forms must be completed and signed by your advisor. Keep a copy of your approved registration form as a backup and, if you are registering for any courses that need faculty approval, your registration form will be needed for processing these course registrations in the Registrar’s Office.
- Prerequisites: You may register only for courses for which you have met the required prerequisites.
- Select alternate courses in case your first choices are full.
Department chair and instructor signatures are needed for independent studies and X-credits. Instructor signatures are also needed for departmental honors and any course which requires the permission of the instructor to enroll. Registration for any of these course types must be done by using the Registration Drop/Add form in person in the Registrar’s office, Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m or via email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Step 2: Clear Accounts
Resolve any holds placed on your account, such as those noted by Accounting, Registrar’s Office, Library, Health Center or Residence Life/Dean of Students.
Step 3: Registration
The order of registration is determined by current class standing based on credits earned (does not count enrollment for the current semester in progress). Once registration is open for your class, it continues to be open until classes begin.
The schedule for Summer and Fall 2019 registration is as follows:
Class and Registration Times
Seniors (87 or more credits earned): Monday, April 8, 12:01 a.m.
Juniors (56- 86 credits earned): Monday, April 8, 12:01 a.m.
Sophomores(25-55 credits earned): Tuesday, April 9, 12:01 a.m.
Freshmen (fewer than 25 credits earned): Wednesday, April 10, 12:01 a.m.
Once your advisor has authorized that you are clear to register online, you may enter your course selections according to the schedule listed above. For online registration instructions, click on “Help,” “FAQs,” and “Registration Questions.”
Drop/Add period for Fall 2019 classes ends Tuesday, September 3. Note: Online drop/add ends Sunday, August 25. Once classes begin, all drop/adds must be processed through the Registrar’s Office.
Note: Payment for Fall 2019 classes is due August 15. For questions regarding billing, contact the Accounting Office at 301-696-3607.
Undergraduate Registration for Non-degree Students
- View the Schedules of Classes on Self-Service
- Select "Course Sections," select the appropriate year/term from the "Period" drop-down menu, and select "Main Session" in the "Session" drop-down menu
- Non-degree students must complete a registration form in the Registrar's Office at the time of registration
- Register in the Registrar's Office Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m - 5 p.m. beginning Monday, April 8
- Drop/Add period for classes ends Tuesday, September 3
- Note: Payment for classes is due by August 15