Summer I 2020 classes begin Monday, May 18th
Summer II 2020 classes begin Monday, July 6
Fall 2020 classes begin Monday, August 24 at 8:30 a.m.
Step 1: Academic Advising in Advisor's Office
- Advising period begins Monday, March 23 and continues through Friday, April 17th.
Only your assigned academic advisor listed on Self-Service may authorize you for registration in the system. In the event you are unable to register for courses via Self-Service, registration forms must be completed and signed by your advisor. Keep a copy of your approved registration form as a backup and, if you are registering for any courses that need faculty approval, your registration form will be needed for processing these course registrations in the Registrar’s Office.
- Prerequisites: You may register only for courses for which you have met the required prerequisites.
- Select alternate courses in case your first choices are full.
Department chair and instructor signatures are needed for independent studies and X-credits. Instructor signatures are also needed for departmental honors and any course which requires the permission of the instructor to enroll. Registration for any of these course types must be done by using the Registration Drop/Add form in person in the Registrar’s office, Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m or via email (email@example.com).
Step 2: Clear Accounts
Resolve any holds placed on your account, such as those noted by Accounting, Registrar’s Office, Library, Health Center or Residence Life/Dean of Students.
Step 3: Registration
The order of registration is determined by current class standing based on credits earned (does not count enrollment for the current semester in progress). Once registration is open for your class, it continues to be open until classes begin.
The schedule for Summer and Fall 2020 registration is as follows:
Class and Registration Times
Seniors (87 or more credits earned): Monday, April 6, 12:01 a.m. - NEW DATE IS MONDAY, APRIL 20, 12:01 a.m.
Juniors (56- 86 credits earned): Monday, April 6, 12:01 a.m. - NEW DATE IS MONDAY, APRIL 20, 12:01 a.m.
Sophomores(25-55 credits earned): Tuesday, April 7, 12:01 a.m. - NEW DATE IS TUESDAY, APRIL 21, 12:01 a.m.
First Years (fewer than 25 credits earned): Wednesday, April 8, 12:01 a.m. - NEW DATE IS WEDNESDAY, APRIL 22, 12:01 a.m.
Once your advisor has authorized that you are clear to register online, you may enter your course selections according to the schedule listed above. For online registration instructions, click on “Help,” “FAQs,” and “Registration Questions.”
Drop/Add period for Fall 2020 classes ends Wednesday, September 2 at 5pm. Note: Self Service drop/add ends Sunday, August 23. Once classes begin, all drop/adds must be processed through the Registrar’s Office.
Note: Payment for Summer 2020 classes is due the first date of the term and for Fall 2020 classes is due August 15. For questions regarding billing, contact the Accounting Office at 301-696-3607.
Undergraduate Registration for Non-degree Students
- View the Schedules of Classes on Self-Service.
- Select "Course Sections," select the appropriate year/term from the "Period" drop-down menu, and select "Main Session" in the "Session" drop-down menu.
- Non-degree students must complete a registration form (in person or online) at the time of registration.
- Register in the Registrar's Office Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m - 5 p.m. beginning Monday, April 13. - NEW DATE IS MONDAY, APRIL 27
- Drop/Add period for classes ends Wednesday, September 2 at 5:00 p.m.
- Note: Payment for classes is due by August 15.