Undergraduate CIC Online Registration
Online Course Sharing Consortium
Summer 2022 information coming soon!
Hood College has joined the CIC Online Course Sharing Consortium, a network of accredited colleges and universities that share online offerings, to provide Hood College students with access to additional, flexible online course options. Consortium courses offer students the opportunity to get ahead in coursework and/or repeat a course to improve their grade point average. Summer courses offered through the consortium have been pre-approved by Hood College and are already mapped to Hood College course equivalents, which means that consortium courses may count toward major or elective requirements. Course credits earned through the consortium will show up on students’ Hood College transcript after successful completion of the consortium course.
Summer 2022 Pre-Approved Courses: Coming soon!
Key Facts About CIC Courses
- We are offerings a small number of courses this summer with the hope of expanding offerings for future summer terms, pending student interest
- See “Summer 2022 Pre-Approved CIC Courses” for detailed offering information
- The CIC courses will be charged at a discounted rate of $500 per credit and will be billed by Hood College
- Consortium courses will affect your grade-point-average just like a Hood College course
- You can search for the courses on Self-Service
- Courses will appear as Hood course codes with “-CIC” added to the end of the course code(SOC 101 listed as SOC 101-CIC)
- Consortial courses are not counted as transfer credits
- The transfer credit limit does not apply
- CIC courses may be taken during a student’s final 30 credits at Hood
- Courses must be taken for a grade and for credit
- No audit or P/F options available.
Registration: Registration opens on Monday, April 18, 2022 and will continue until the "Session Add Date" as per the Teaching Institution.
To get started:
- Research the course in Self-Service via the course description link
- Sample syllabi may be available
- Discuss the course offering with your advisor and ensure you meet the prerequisites for the course.
- To register for a pre-approved online summer course, students must sign up through Acadeum. More information coming soon!
- The registrar’s office will review and then approve or deny your request
- You will be notified via your Hood College email address of the decision and next steps
Questions? Please contact email@example.com or (301) 696-3616