Undergraduate CIC Online Registration
Online Course Sharing Consortium
Registration Opens Monday, April 18: Summer 2022
Hood College has joined the CIC Online Course Sharing Consortium, a network of accredited colleges and universities that share online offerings, to provide Hood College students with access to additional, flexible online course options. Consortium courses offer students the opportunity to get ahead in coursework and/or repeat a course to improve their grade point average. Summer courses offered through the consortium have been pre-approved by Hood College and are already mapped to Hood College course equivalents, which means that consortium courses may count toward major or elective requirements. Course credits earned through the consortium will show up on students’ Hood College transcript after successful completion of the consortium course.
Key Facts About CIC Courses
- We are offering a small number of courses this summer with the hope of expanding offerings for future summer terms, pending student interest
- See “Summer 2022 Pre-Approved CIC Courses” for detailed offering information
- The CIC courses will be charged at a discounted rate of $525 per credit and will be billed by Hood College
- Consortium courses will affect your grade-point-average just like a Hood College course
- You can search for the courses on Self-Service
- Courses will appear as Hood course codes with “-CIC” added to the end of the course code(SOC 101 listed as SOC 101-CIC)
- Consortial courses are not counted as transfer credits
- The transfer credit limit does not apply
- CIC courses may be taken during a student’s final 30 credits at Hood
- Courses must be taken for a grade and for credit
- No audit or P/F options available.
Registration: Registration opens on Monday, April 18, 2022 and will continue until the "Session Add Date" as per the Teaching Institution.
To get started:
- Research the course in Self-Service via the course description link
- Sample syllabi may be available via the Summer 2022 Pre-Approved Course list above.
- Discuss the course offering with your advisor and ensure you meet the prerequisites for the course.
- To register for a pre-approved online summer course, students must sign up through Acadeum. Review the CIC FAQ above for the process. You can also review the Acadeum Account Creation link under the Quick Links menu in Self Service.
- The registrar’s office will review and then approve or deny your request.
- You will be notified via your Hood College email address of the decision and next steps.
If you have trouble enrolling in coursework through the Acadeum website, please follow this process:
- Complete your profile through Acadeum
- Complete the Hood Registration Drop/Add form with the CIC course you wish to add, and return it to the registrar's office (firstname.lastname@example.org or 2nd floor of Apple Resource Center)
- The registrar's office will use your drop/add form to enroll you in the requested course through the Acadeum site, which will initiate the final approval process through the teaching institution.
Questions? Please contact email@example.com or (301) 696-3616