Health & Counseling Services
Access to health and wellness services is one of the most important things we can provide for you.
Our partnership with Frederick Health provides the following services for all Hood College students. Most services are at no cost to you. Physicals, flu vaccine, TB testing, x-rays and lab processing for STD testing and Pap tests may have associated fees. Health Services are available while classes are in session.
- Primary Care -- including routine healthcare and referrals, as needed
- Urgent Care -- including treatment for illness and minor injuries
- Sports Physicals
- Women's Health -- pregnancy testing, supportive education, and STD testing/treatment
- Men's Health -- supportive education and STD testing/treatment
- Health and Wellness -- including immunization and referrals, as needed
- Mental Health Counseling -- including support for anxiety and depression
Hood College Health Services at Frederick Health's Toll House Site
- Hours: Monday - Friday 8 a.m.- 8 p.m. Saturday - Sunday 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Phone: 301-698-8374 - Option 1
- Address: 501 West 7th Street Frederick, MD 21701
- To access the Health Center, use the sidewalk between the Volpe Athletic Center and the athletic fields to exit the gate at 7th Street; proceed to the right along the 7th Street sidewalk to the crosswalk at Toll House.
- Map to Hood College Health and Counseling Services
- Fax: 301-698-0182
- Email: email@example.com
See the Counseling Services page for all the information on counseling services available through the Hood College Health & Counseling Center.
In Case of Emergency
Call 9-1-1 for emergency response.
Call 211 A toll-free call to 211 connects you to a community resource specialist in your area who can put you in touch with local organizations that provide critical services that can improve—and save—lives. 211 Can be accessed by phone or computer.
National crisis hotlines and online services:
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-8255
- The Trevor Project (LGBTQ Suicide Hotline): 1-866-488-7386
- Trans Lifeline: 1-877-565-8860
- Crisis Text Line: Text HOME to 741741
- Crisis Text Line for Students of Color: Text STEVE to 741741