Save a Life – Learn how to get and use Naloxone/Narcan
- Call to schedule an appointment, call Frederick County Behavioral Health Services, Substance Abuse Program: 301-600-3459
Or do an online training at www.getnaloxonenow.org
FLU SHOTS ARE AVAILABLE AT HOOD COLLEGE HEALTH SERVICES
MONDAY-FRIDAY 8 AM – 8 PM (Best time to go is 8 a.m.-5 p.m.)
AND, WEEKENDS 8 AM – 6 PM LOCATION:
501 WEST 7TH STREET, FREDERICK MD 21701
JUST WALK IN AND ASK FOR A FLU SHOT
Bring your insurance card - most insurances are accepted. Self Pay is $23
Hood College Nursing invites your participation in Hood Million Hearts®
Be ONE in a MILLION and take control of your health!
- Participate in a Million Hearts Screening to know your numbers.
- Get a FREE home blood pressure monitor and learn how to use it
- Learn about your risk for heart disease and stroke and how you can make healthy lifestyle choices to lessen those risks.
- Meet with our team one-on-one February through April to talk about your numbers and progress toward your health goals.
- There are 26 blood pressure monitors available
To LEARN MORE and REGISTER, go to:
Hood College is a Smoke Free/Tobacco Free Campus
Where to get assistance with smoking cessation:
Frederick County Health Department, 301-600-1755
Frederick Health Hospital, Smoking Cessation Program, 240-566-3622. To learn more contact Shanna Cline at 240-566-3622 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Lunchtime Yoga at Hood College
Its free Open to Hood Staff, Faculty and Students
Tuesday classes noon - 12:45 p.m.
Gambrill Gym Yoga Studio
Light yoga so no shower is needed afterwards
Wear comfortable clothing and bring a yoga mat or towel
Basic yoga practice open to all
Fitness Center Hours, Hours of Operation:
Monday-Thursday 8 a.m.-9 p.m.
Friday 8 a.m.-8 p.m.
Saturday & Sunday 11 a.m.- 3 p.m.
*Hours subject to change.
*Closed for all observed holidays and breaks
You must have a valid Hood College School ID to use the fitness center.
Weekly Chapel Services:
Weekly chapel services, Wednesday afternoons, 12:30-12:55 p.m., main floor of Coffman Chapel
- Mindful Mondays for Faculty and Staff, Noon - 12: p.m. Chapel Meditation Room (Coffman Chapel basement)
- Mindful Meditation group for all on Thursdays 12:50-1:20 p.m. Chapel Meditation Room (Coffman Chapel basement)
Nutrition Education and Consultation:
Hi! I’m Thu Huynh, Registered Dietitian and in-store nutritionist with Giant Food. At Giant, we offer many services to help you improve your health and achieve your nutritional goals. And especially with the new year here, what better time to take advantage of these free services?
Nutrition services include:
o One-on-One Consultations
o A one hour session is $25, refunded at the end of the session with a $25 gift card to Giant.
o Held in nutritionist’s office at the Urbana Giant or Traville Giant in Rockville. By appointment only.
On-Campus Nutrition Seminars
o As scheduled by the Director of Wellness, Teresa Cevallos or by group request.
Group Store Tours
o Whether it be diabetes, heart health, or a plant-based diet, learn how to grocery shop with health and wellness on the mind.
For more information email me at email@example.com