Check out these events to help keep you healthy and well.
In partnership with the Beneficial-Hodson Library, join this panel discussion with experts on some of the things they don't teach you in school:
- renting your first apartment;
- paying off your student loans;
- creating a healthy life after college.
Join us on Friday, May 7 at 11 a.m. as we head outside, go for a walk, learn something new, be among nature and meet new friends! Register here or on Pergola Connect.
We will walk over Baker Park to look for spring wildflowers and medicinal plants. We will be on the lookout for healing weeds like Plantain and Clevers, as well as spring wildflowers like Echinacea. On our way to Waterford Park, we will identify medicinal plants like sassafras and witch hazel. Rain date is May 8.
Hosted by Office of Wellness & Center for Coastal and Watershed Studies.
Mindfulness Sessions with Rev. Beth
- The Chapel is open daily for personal prayer and meditation.
- Mindful Mondays for Faculty/Staff are Monday afternoons 12:15 – 12:45 (email firstname.lastname@example.org for the Zoom link)
- Mindfulness Meditation on Thursdays 12:30 – 1 PM (email email@example.com for Zoom link)
Healing Pride Group Restarts
The Healing Pride Group is restarting in the community for LGBTQ+ survivors of intimate partner violence and/or sexual assault or abuse. This support group is a collaboration between Heartly House and The Frederick Center, the local LGBTQ+ resource and will be held via Zoom. Please contact 301-662-8800 for more details.
Save a Life – Learn how to get and use Naloxone/Narcan
- Call to schedule an appointment, call Frederick County Behavioral Health Services, Substance Abuse Program: 301-600-3459
- Trainings are currently being held via Zoom.
Or do an online training at www.getnaloxonenow.org