Resident Assistant Job Opportunity
Friday, January 27, 2023 @11:59pm
The Office of Residence Life at Hood College provides beds for approximately 850 plus students. We are currently seeking candidates for the 2023-2024 resident assistant cohort. As a resident assistant, you’ll embark on a comprehensive learning experience via community engagement, customer service, & peer accountability. This position will enhance your life skills, require knowledge of residents in your building, & involve administrative duties.
- Fully enrolled undergraduate student (12 credits minimum)
- Established minimum GPA of a 2.5
- No pending conduct cases or account holds
- Must show a thorough understanding of confidentiality
- Must live on campus if hired
- Customer Service
- Community Engagement
- Peer Accountability
- Conflict Resolution & Mediation
- Return to campus before classes start for mandatory staff training every semester
- FREE SINGLE ROOM for duration of employment
- $1100 stipend for the academic year ($550/semester)
Information Session - learn more about the Resident Assistant position from the Office of Residence Life staff.
When: Monday, December 5, 2022
Time: 915pm to 10pm
Where: Blazer Hall Classroom 112
Mock Interview with Career Center - To prepare you for your individual interview if you decide to apply, it is important to have some practice and helpful feedback. To assist, although it is not mandatory, we highly recommend you complete a Mock interview with the Career Center.
Your mock interview appointment will need to be between now and 24 hours before your scheduled interview. To schedule an appointment, complete the following:
- Go to the Hood College website and click on “Campus Community”
- Click on “Career Center” and scroll to the middle of the Career Center page, find Handshake, and click on “Click here to get started!”
- Click the “Sign-In with your e-mail.” Sign-in with the credentials you would use for your e-mail and blackboard access.
- At the top right corner, click on “Career Center.”
- Within the drop-down selection, click “Appointments” and then “Schedule A New Appointment.”
- Choose the category titled “Interview Preparation and/or Mock Interview.”
- Choose the category again, titled “Interview Preparation and/or Mock Interview”
- Find the date and time that works best for you! You will receive an e-mail confirmation when your appointment has been approved. If you do not see a time that works for your schedule, or have any additional questions, e-mail Bre Harwood, email@example.com.
Interviews - If your application qualifies, you can expect an email no later than Thursday, February 9, 2023 to schedule your interview. Interviews will take place between February 13, 2023 - February 28, 2023 & be conducted by Residence Life staff members via TEAMS or ZOOM video.
- Business casual dress is required.