The Graduate School provides several opportunities for prospective students to visit campus and meet with faculty and staff to learn how Hood’s graduate programs prepare students to go further in their lives, in their careers and in their communities. Once enrolled, new students are invited to orientations that introduce them to the campus, student amenities and faculty.
New international graduate student reception
Wednesday, January 14, 2015
Whitaker Campus Center Multicultural Room
- Meet your international classmates from around the world
- Enjoy American style-desserts and conversations with professors
- Learn how to make the most of your academic experience
Please let us know you will attend by completing the RSVP form.
New graduate student orientation
January 14, 2015
Whitaker Campus Center
Orientation is an important step in adjusting to life as a graduate student. At orientation, you will:
- Learn about policies and procedures that are specific to Hood and to the Graduate School
- Get help with your student network account
- Receive your student I.D.
- Obtain a parking pass
- Meet with faculty and other new students in your program
View the agenda for the event and RSVP.
The Graduate School staff is available to meet with individuals to discuss educational plans and options. Schedule an appointment here. The Graduate School is located on the 3rd floor of the Apple Resource Center, which is adjacent to the Whitaker Campus Center. View the campus map.
Parking on campus
Three campus parking lots are reserved for visitors and commuter students: Whitaker Campus Center, Hodson Drive and Chapel. Visitors who are on campus for an open house or an appointment and plan to park in one of these lots, should print out the visitor parking pass and display it in their front windshield. View the campus map.